Events/Trails Morris Mountain now Choccolocco - 2/20-23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chocolocco Mountain has some great trails!

D6D371BF-DDDA-4F03-AC92-7FEB1F1C8DB4.jpeg

7174AF7D-2BEC-4AE8-B679-40A8A1D017CF.jpeg

1381A310-EEE9-4F5A-90A8-A43F3F8F0AF1.jpeg

CAC5D574-2610-446D-B0FF-B662CDFE5CAD.png

AF3223B6-FC44-4BD2-A591-E5DFD6993897.jpeg

So last minute late Saturday afternoon my wife and I jumped in the truck and headed up to the Talladega National Forest. We thought about coming over to Choccolocco but it was an hour further. Made it to Sherman Cliffs about 9 pm and found an awesome campsite on a mountain ridge.

This morning we woke up and explored the area. Checked out the Cliffs and Rob Roy Falls. Found some great trails off of 600-1 as well. I had no idea the Talladega Nat Forest was so awesome.

I will definitely check out Choccolocco and Morris Mountain but the Talladega Nat Forest sure does have a lot to offer.

0EE83CBC-3A41-4F58-B663-FDD211C94EBF.jpeg

4AE1CF83-2E31-4A3E-B0F7-8F385889BBC7.jpeg

So last minute late Saturday afternoon my wife and I jumped in the truck and headed up to the Talladega National Forest. We thought about coming over to Choccolocco but it was an hour further. Made it to Sherman Cliffs about 9 pm and found an awesome campsite on a mountain ridge.

This morning we woke up and explored the area. Checked out the Cliffs and Rob Roy Falls. Found some great trails off of 600-1 as well. I had no idea the Talladega Nat Forest was so awesome.

I will definitely check out Choccolocco and Morris Mountain but the Talladega Nat Forest sure does have a lot to offer.

View attachment 2220123

View attachment 2220124
Nice! We took 500 down through Talledega this morning for a scenic route back. Obviously we missed some good stuff.

Thanks to all that suggested Chocco over Morris due to the water. Turns out this was the park I remembered and mixed up the names.

Lessons learned:
A Ford Expedition is a bad choice for the trail.

Get the light down before folding the canopy. It's still in there. 😃

The English are known for having tea if they get stuck. This forces them to slow down and assess the recovery better. I dont think we needed all that, but the angles of this pull made funny noises when the winch struggled and then the line popped.

In other winch news, it is possible to get line so wedged on the drum that another winch can be used to pull it out.

It was a good weekend. Thanks to those that came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom