Harbor Freight coupons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zero personal experience with this seemingly-new brand from H.F.

1581720642440.png

I picked up a set of the Icon snap ring pliers with the 20% coupon. So far I'm impressed with the quality. We'll see how they are in a year or so.

Yup grabbed myself a pair too, havent used them yet but they seem good quality. Few reviews out there in YouTube land on their stuff. Basically, their standard wrenches and standard ratchets are good to high quality but the flex head stuff has major issues.

Used a few coupons this weekend and thought I'd share:

20_percent_off_1581005392.7075.jpg
25_percent_off_1580314396.9669.jpg
30_percent_off_1581909511.9425.jpg

As mentioned before, I used the first one for a set of the snap-ring pliers the other week. I'm reasonably impressed for the price. That coupon is still valid.

The second one for the magnetic accessories is helpful - the glove dispenser, magnetic trays, screwdriver/aerosol can trays, and shop towel holders (which double as coat hooks if you point them up). I hang my coat up on one in the shop and my welding jacket resides on the other. I wish you could buy more than one at a time - take the SO along with you to at least get two at a time.

I picked up a handful of things with the final one - a few of their Bremen locking pliers, a couple of their wire pliers racks, their pair of Doyle "demo" screwdrivers, and other odds and ends.

Zero personal experience with this seemingly-new brand from H.F.

View attachment 2210997
There are some YT video where the ICON brand goes head to head with SnapOn.....and the ICON was winning for equal or better quality and 50% less money. Sad because I have always been a dedicated (used) SnapOn guy.

Blowout sale

There are some YT video where the ICON brand goes head to head with SnapOn.....and the ICON was winning for equal or better quality and 50% less money. Sad because I have always been a dedicated (used) SnapOn guy.

One downside (from what I see) is the limited line of what they offer. For instance, here is their standard 1/2" drive SAE socket set. It has 3/8" to 1-1/8" sockets in 1/16" increments. Where do you go if you need 1-3/16", 1-1/4", etc? Same for their metric set - 12mm to 24mm (thankfully all inclusive). I use a 27mm, 30mm, 36mm, and 42mm semi-frequently. So I have to go elsewhere for those. Maybe they'll expand over time, but for saying they compete with the tool trucks that is a major issue.

HARBOR FREIGHT
At Harbor Freight Tools, the health and safety of our customers, our communities and our team are our top priority. As a designated essential business, our stores are open to serve your essential needs, because even during this difficult time, repairs still need to be made, equipment serviced, and vehicles maintained. And we’ll continue to offer the tools you need at the lowest prices, because that has always been and will always be our commitment to you.
All Harbor Freight Product Coupons and 20% OFF Coupons that expire in April or May 2020 are now valid until June 30, 2020

:cheers:

1586494480328.png

Watch out if you use their jack stands.

Came here to post the same thing.

Question on using the coupons. I'm not a frequent flyer at HF, but there's a new store not far away now (uh ohhh...). How strict are they on using those coupons? I want one of those nifty 1x30 belt sanders, but it's from Central Machinery, which I guess is excluded from the coupon? Do they check? Do they care?

Came here to post the same thing.

Question on using the coupons. I'm not a frequent flyer at HF, but there's a new store not far away now (uh ohhh...). How strict are they on using those coupons? I want one of those nifty 1x30 belt sanders, but it's from Central Machinery, which I guess is excluded from the coupon? Do they check? Do they care?

The computer they use here flags the coupon and they’re strict on the exclusions. Some places may be more lenient.
Try code 39518161 On that belt sander.

F0523EB4-E4E6-4573-A078-8D9DBA68386D.jpeg

The computer they use here flags the coupon and they’re strict on the exclusions. Some places may be more lenient.

View attachment 2312515

Awesome. Stopping by the store tomorrow, I'll print this and see if it works.

View attachment 2312515

Just a quick update, this coupon worked perfectly today. What a bargain! Thanks!!! :beer:

Off to Amazon to order some good belts and a strop belt.

15% off everything. The usual fine print exceptions seem to be eligible for the discount.

D93049A7-BD01-4F07-A214-90455FB153C9.png

1604110627685.png

Different code than above. Not sure it would matter. The difference from the normal 20% coupons is most of the 20% coupons have a lot of exceptions.

I looked at this winch in person today. Looks great. 80' of rope included.

Last edited:
My little Pittsburgh 3/8” drive swivel ratchet I’ve had forever stopped ratcheting so I took it in to test the lifetime warranty. I was impressed. The cashier said to go grab another one for the exchange but they were out of stock. So a manager came out and looked for it then walked over to the “icon” tools and pulled one of those out of the box and gave it to me. He said “we usually don’t do this but since the Pittsburgh line is out of stock it’s a good opportunity for us to introduce customers to the Icon brand. These are comparable to snap-on because we hired the same engineer to design these who designed snap-on tools.” Then he handed it to me and I handed him the broken ratchet. I asked if I needed to do anything else and he said no. I didn’t need to present a receipt or anything.

Initial comparison before using the new Icon:
They’re the same ratchet besides the handle and release mechanism. Both the Pittsburgh and Icon are made in Taiwan. The ratcheting mechanism felt the same as far as smoothness and click. The Pittsburgh ratchet has a push button release but the icon is just a push on/pull off. The handles are a little different- The Pittsburgh has a softer and a little larger green rubberized handle and the icon had a red handle that’s a little harder and rounder. The icon also comes in a fancy box and the Pittsburgh doesn’t. The icon is priced over $20 more.

Im sure I’ll be happy with the icon and would have been happy with a replacement Pittsburgh had they had it.

0CAC16DB-9095-4C50-BE35-A431B6E086C2.jpeg

BCD05CF1-9631-4DF6-97BC-D65CDA470C66.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom