Events/Trails Morris Mountain now Choccolocco - 2/20-23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was going to try to get over and hang even if for a little bit. Doesn't appear to be in the cards sadly. So sorry, mainly for myself cause I know you will have a blast!
Y'all HAVE FUN!

I’m in Clemson, so doesn’t make much sense to go northbound only to turnaround. Can we meet around Anderson exit or at the state line?

I’m in Clemson, so doesn’t make much sense to go northbound only to turnaround. Can we meet around Anderson exit or at the state line?
Works for me. PM me your contact info to connect

If you are coming down 85 and taking 285 around to 20, you go right by my office. If y'all want to stop for lunch, I can meet you. I'm at the Atlanta Rd exit off 285 (ex 16). If you're planning on taking 85 all the way into downtown and then picking up 20, keep on trucking. FYI, ACC Garage is first exit off 20 outside the perimeter, Fulton Ind Blvd. They are two red lights south of interstate.

GA guy here. Glad I saw this thread, I didn’t even know about Morris Mountain. And, it’s close to the house. Y’all have fun.
We have room if you want to join.

Thanks for the invite @Bryanseye. I’m nursing a cold at the moment and I’m going out of town for the week on Monday. If I start feeling better I might wake up early Saturday morning and come find y’all.

Don't get over here much but just saw this. Last minute offer but we have crews from both Ga and FL heading to Choccolocco (about 30 miles due north of MM) tomorrow morning. We're mainly buggies but if you have enough rigs to make up a group you can throw down tent next to us.

MM gonna be an absolute mud pit after all this rain, Chocco is much rockier so handles all the water far far better.

Don't get over here much but just saw this. Last minute offer but we have crews from both Ga and FL heading to Choccolocco (about 30 miles due north of MM) tomorrow morning. We're mainly buggies but if you have enough rigs to make up a group you can throw down tent next to us.

MM gonna be an absolute mud pit after all this rain, Chocco is much rockier so handles all the water far far better.
Hard to argue with local input. 2nd recommendation for Chacco too. Same route to either one until the exit so we may shift.

I think Ted's right, Choccolocco can be plenty fun with a full size wagon. ACC did their fall gathering there last November. Being wet will make it a bit more challenging, but it could still be fun and less soup than MM for sure. And if you totally want to bail on park trails the Talladega Nat'l Forest is a stone's throw from there (I think technically Chocco is on, or partly on NF land). You could also run the Scenic Hwy/Pinhoti trail which is kinda like Alabama's BRP.

ACC2019FamReunion (22).JPG
ACC2019FamReunion (29).JPG
ACC2019FamReunion (41).JPG

NF road 500 runs parallel to the Pinhoti Trail (hiking trail) and is a scenic mountainway. You can pick it up just west of downtown Heflin and go south until it becomes 281. It takes you right through Cheaha SP which is the tallest elevation in AL. Worth a stop.

Alas, I will not be able to make it this weekend. Recurring issues with Dig-Dug will have me back in the garage this Saturday.

I’m not gonna make it. Went to the doctor Thursday cold was a sinus infection so I’m on some antibiotics. Probably not a good idea to be out in the cold and stay up late drinking bourbon around the fire tonight. I’ll catch you guys next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom