SOLD AZ 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser. Rust-free AZ and CO rig! This rig is the perfect for bombing down forest roads and back country trails! I have taken it all over the country, from the beaches of the Outer Banks in NC to the remote back country of Utah and Nevada. I have owned it since 2009. Currently sitting at 286,355 miles, and not being driven much, as I have an '04 Land Cruiser and a hybrid SUV for commuting. No accidents, clean Carfax.

I find the lift set up to be ideal. Unless you have the extra two thousand pounds of rarely-used "Overlanding" gear, most aftermarket lifts result in a harsh ride for ALL of your pavement driving. With little additional weight on this rig, the OEM coil springs + 30mm spacers, with OEM torsion bars, paired with the SPC UCA's, the Ironman 2.5" Foam Cell Pro shocks and Wheeler bumpstops soak up the off-road bumps even at high speed, and prevent painful bottoming of the front suspension. Installed rear airbags handle the occasional heavy load or towing duty without sacrificing daily driving comfort. This isn't a poser rig. It's built for, and got used on, off road trails, but is not beat up.

I have always run 295/75/16 Nitto's on this, but recently switched to the more commonly available 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terrain KM3's. They have less than 1000 miles on them, and ride great!

I have always had seat covers on the fronts, but the leather underneath is in good condition. No tears or cracks, so you can remove the covers if you desire, and the current seat covers are only a year old. The paint has some pinstripes because this rig got used for its intended purpose - exploring the back country. There is one minor dent that can easily be touched up, rear passenger door. Overall exterior condition is above average for the year. Bumper inserts, side molding, and grill have been painted with rattle-can bedliner, easy to touch up. Kenwood stereo with bluetooth, iPod, AUX input, DVD/CD player and backup camera.

Asking $10,500. In the metro Phoenix area. VIN JT3HT05JXY0089491

I have many extras that will go along with a purchase of over $10K, including factory service manuals, volume 1 and 2, plus OEM electrical wiring diagram, Old Man Emu torsion bars, and Old Man Emu 863 coils for the rear, should you want to add bumpers/winch/rooftop tent, etc. Third row seats (in good condition), and OEM running boards (slightly beat up).

Upgrades/Recent Maintenance

• 4 brand new (less than 1000 miles) BFG Mud Terrain KM3's 285/75/16 (surprisingly quiet on the road!)
  • SPC upper control arms installed - allows better caster correction, more lift, greasable upper ball joint, etc. Installed 2016
  • Ironman 2.5" Foam Cell Pro shocks all around
  • Wheeler Offroad Superbump bump stops up front (eliminates bottoming out on front suspension)
  • 30mm spacer lift in back, OEM torsion bars cranked to match up front
  • Slee front diff drop
  • Powerstop slotted and cross-drilled brake rotors all around, stops great!
  • Timing belt and water pump done by Camelback Toyota @240K
  • Ignition cylinder replaced by dealer (Camelback Toyota) after failure (common failure point)
  • Front lower ball joints replaced 2016 with 555's
  • Radiator replaced 2016 (serviced at Camelback Toyota)
  • Steering rack and pump replaced 2016 (serviced at Camelback Toyota)
  • Whiteline Poly steering rack bushings installed with new rack in 2016 to avoid rack movement
  • Aftermarket Kenwood radio with Bluetooth and DVD player
  • Slee solid lower rear control arms, rear uppers have been replaced as well with OEM.
  • The all-important "D-light" mod (the super-bright, night-vision destroying, D light bulb in the dash is non-op, thankfully)
  • Air-Lift airbags installed in the rear coils
  • Wired for Trailer brakes, wiring in the ash tray
  • Trailer light controller replaced with a functioning unit powered directly off the battery
  • Off-road LED light bar in OEM front bumper
  • Shelf/Sleeping platform in the rear allows for easy sleeping/hidden storage in the rig. Turnbuckle tie down, removable side wings for access to storage, and matching outdoor carpet cover
  • DVD player, iPod, Bluetooth (phone and music), and AUX in all function on the Kenwood unit, as does the backup camera
  • New liftgate struts 2019
  • No codes/issues
Known Issues
  • If you live in CA and/or are subject to the extreme burden of CARB regulations, this rig has a Magnaflow aftermarket (OEM bolt-in style, part #49422 from O'Rielly's) catalytic converter. It does, and always has, passed AZ emissions no problem, but if your local laws require Toyota OEM replacement, you should be aware of this.
  • The Kenwood GPS no longer functions, won't boot. Also, the built in Kenwood XM/Sirius module died. But the Bluetooth (with overhead mic), Aux input, and AM/FM work, as does the DVD/CD player, and the iPod cable set up in the center console
  • The sunroof is non-op. The mechanism broke, and I couldn't justify the cost of a new one. The switch in the overhead console has been disconnected. You can still open the visor and see through it, and it doesn't leak, you just can't crawl out through it...
  • Steering wheel leather is getting worn, typical for age.
  • Not sure if this is an "issue", but the phone mounts and ball for tablet (I have the arm) are drilled through the dash. There is NO OTHER WAY for anything to remain stable on the dash or windshield, especially give the AZ heat. The ball mount is 19mm, but the support base underneath is the typical AMPS bolt pattern, and could easily be switched to a RAM mount. Many discussions on IH8MUD about this, but there just isn't any other way. I've tried the ProClip mounts, but they block the life-support vent and they aren't high enough.
I have tried to describe all the details of this truck accurately, but as with all 20 year old used cars, it is being sold as-is. Feel free to search my posts on the 100 series section here, I've posted tons about the rig, this issues I've faced, repairs and upgrades done, etc. I even purchased it from a Mudder here (Pint) so there's close to 15 years of history in the forums here on this rig.

_MG_9160.jpg

_MG_9164.jpg

_MG_9165.jpg

_MG_9167.jpg

_MG_9168.jpg

Last edited:
More pictures....
_MG_9169.jpg
_MG_9170.jpg

_MG_9178.jpg

_MG_9179.jpg

_MG_9180.jpg

Even more pictures...

_MG_9182.jpg

_MG_9189.jpg

_MG_9191.jpg

_MG_9194.jpg

_MG_9196.jpg

and because I know you'll ask, here's some more...
_MG_9198.jpg

_MG_9199.jpg

_MG_9202.jpg

_MG_9203.jpg

_MG_9204.jpg

Yes, I know you'll want engine and undercarriage pics...
_MG_9205.jpg

_MG_9208.jpg

_MG_9215.jpg

_MG_9218.jpg

_MG_9221.jpg

Let me know if you want pics of anything more specific...
_MG_9219.jpg

_MG_9220.jpg

_MG_9230v2.jpg

Last edited:
Forgive me for asking, but did I miss the price on this one? And do you still have the jump seats if we wanted those instead of the drawer system?

Forgive me for asking, but did I miss the price on this one? And do you still have the jump seats if we wanted those instead of the drawer system?
Price buried in there, it's $10,500. And yes, the 3rd row seats are available, and the shelf goes in/out easily.

Heater tees replaced a few years ago with all OEM tees and hoses.

New asking price, $8,900. Need to move this. Has about 1000 more miles on the rig and tires. Make me an offer!

Last edited:
Operators standing by...

Seems like a phenomenal deal on a clean 100, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom