Builds I've waited 20yrs for this 40th build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a usb charger in place of the coin holder. I think I am happy with this, but time will tell. The brown matches pretty well, not exactly, but in person it does look better than in the photo.

usb-2.jpg
usb-3.jpg
usb.jpg

Also threw in a new throttle cable yesterday. Feels better yes, not much. More happy to have the sheath not shredded.

throttlecbl.jpg

You should be able to find some rubber USB plugs to stick in there so that dirt and stuff won't fall in when not in use.

You should be able to find some rubber USB plugs to stick in there so that dirt and stuff won't fall in when not in use.

Thanks, yeah, that is a good idea. I have been looking for something like that. I may put a black one in next to the rear heater control instead of this as I am not quite convinced this one will stay there. I really like the location and I am sure passenger will too.

Love the OEM+ feel of this. Also a big fan of the bumper, gives the LC a nice square clean look

Thank you. I really like how you called it OEMplus. That has a nice ring to it. I put a lot of thought and time into making every single addition or modification feel and look like is was meant to be there. I want nothing appearing like an afterthought.

Little behind keeping up with this. Lots done in the past 6mos.

Short summary of a few I want to keep track of.

Refurbished my eBrake. Replaced the pads, lubed and adjusted the mechanism. It's super nice having an e-brake that actually works.
Replaced the idler pulley - I know lots of people run without it, but I just like it right, especially when it comes to stuff in the motor compartment.
Pulled both drive shafts for full cleaning and lube
FluidFilm in all the nooks and crannies
exchanged 1qt of power steering fluid
Sent in a Blackstone sample for a report just for peace of mind that all is well.....yep, all is good.
Also did a variety of small mods.
Did a few family trips along with some local club runs.
New tires and wheels just a couple weeks ago.

New tires/wheels on the day I had them mounted up.

Then a day at the local off road park with the club. Perfect time for me to confirm no rubbing too.

mudpost-03.jpg
mudpost-02.jpg
mudpost-01.jpg

Last edited:
Blackstone report after 2000mi of dirt roads and wheeling and one 1500mi trip towing our boat. I figured after the amount of work I asked from the old girl it would be a perfect time for a blood analysis. All is good.

mudpost.jpg

Aww that rear bumper looks good with those wheels...or is it the other way around?!

What wheels and tires are those? They look great!! Have you tested to see if you have any rubbing? Would you mind measuring the height of your truck? I'm shooting for a similar set up, but need to be able to park in my garage!! Haha.

great looking rig - i also have a 40th and wouldn't mind tricking it out - we'll see how that goes

Installed a usb charger in place of the coin holder. I think I am happy with this, but time will tell. The brown matches pretty well, not exactly, but in person it does look better than in the photo.

View attachment 2056519

i like the usb charger you used as seen in post 100. can you share where you got it?

Love seeing well kept 80s! On your new wheels, did the RRW rims fit up without any mods? They look great and seem pretty beefy.

Thanks,

Yes, they fit just fine without any modification. No rubbing and not too wide, or too narrow. I waited and searched for a long time to find something that fit my needs along with the size/width/offset I wanted. I tow a lot and sometimes carry heavy loads so I needed a wheel for that too. RRW released a new size that fit the bill, so I pulled the trigger when they released them for pre-order. I am pretty picky about things like this.

Thanks,

Yes, they fit just fine without any modification. No rubbing and not too wide, or too narrow. I waited and searched for a long time to find something that fit my needs along with the size/width/offset I wanted. I tow a lot and sometimes carry heavy loads so I needed a wheel for that too. RRW released a new size that fit the bill, so I pulled the trigger when they released them for pre-order. I am pretty picky about things like this.

Specs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom