New improved 1HZ supercharger kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought I had heard a lot about how twitchy the 12ht was low down...

I thought I had heard a lot about how twitchy the 12ht was low down...

It is over rough ground when you are trying to crawl that twitchiness is most annoying
They say that those who understand these pumps can adjust it out.
I just used the hand throttle and it worked well.

I don't understand where you get 4000rpm, supercharger give you that extra 40% from stand still yo get you moving, a turbo you need to wait till about 1200-1800rpm, hence the lag, desiels are slugs and having that extra punch from the get go would be nice,

I just wonder if travelling at 110kph, if you put your foot down would the supercharger get you going or would it do nothing ?

I don't understand where you get 4000rpm, supercharger give you that extra 40% from stand still yo get you moving, a turbo you need to wait till about 1200-1800rpm, hence the lag, desiels are slugs and having that extra punch from the get go would be nice,

I just wonder if travelling at 110kph, if you put your foot down would the supercharger get you going or would it do nothing ?

8 year thread dredge. Still no-one has a viable supercharger and never will. They suck for diesels.

4000rpm is roughly where the 1HZ's make maximum power. Published by Toyota. A supercharger at 4000rpm will provide less power, more noise and greater fuel consumption than a turbocharger in all conditions.

Sounds like you haven't driven a good turbocharger. 1400-1800rpm is ridiculous.

You make no sense and have avoided all my questions, no drives at 4000rpm, people want power down low at the start, when you need to accelerate and take off, torque so you can get up a hill towing a boat or trailer, people want torque so when they are in the bog or going up a sand dune tgey can or going along the beach they have the power to up and go. I drove a 93 patrol, ot had a sprintex supercharger from factory, sadly to say that sold me on superchargers it had go where you needed

You make no sense and have avoided all my questions, no drives at 4000rpm, people want power down low at the start, when you need to accelerate and take off, torque so you can get up a hill towing a boat or trailer, people want torque so when they are in the bog or going up a sand dune tgey can or going along the beach they have the power to up and go. I drove a 93 patrol, ot had a sprintex supercharger from factory, sadly to say that sold me on superchargers it had go where you needed

I have answered all your questions. You need to understand the topic though and your understanding of turbochargers is wrong.

Turbochargers pull from idle when sized correctly.

No patrol had a supercharger from the factory.

Trust me it did, the guy paid extra, in 1993, okay why dont drag cars use turbos ???

The nissan factory doesn't install aftermarket superchargers and never will. You had an aftermarket install.

Most drag cars do use turbos. Top Fuel don't because the NHRA rules don't allow it.

Turbochargers pull from idle when sized correctly.

This X100 - if you want to supercharge a diesel, especially with a roots-type blower, I suggest watching some of Gale Banks videos on the Duramax engines he builds. A supercharger as an only source of boost is not suited to a diesel engine. In combination with a turbo it may have advantages but a properly matched turbo is not laggy, and therefore what's the point? With the Gturbo red wheel on my 1HDT I had 3psi before 1200 under load and 20 psi by 1800. Not sure a blower could do that. With a smaller turbo I'm sure I could have had boost earlier still.

Screenshot_20200216-114644~2.png

You've found yourself in the right place if you want to know the pros and cons of a modern turbo charger versus a supercharger.

Do some searching, and some reading. There's plenty of discussion about both.
I can tell you turbo technology for diesels has advanced a lot since this thread starter 8 years ago. I don't think the same is true for superchargers.

You won't find a lot of support for superchargers on a diesel, simply because any benefits a supercharger has, a modern turbo has the same, but does it better and with fewer down sides.

I know this thread is pretty old, but does anyone here have experience turbo'ing the old 1hz? Picked up a '99 75 with 207xxxkms, bloody great car but she's a slug. What turbo would you recommend?

Plenty of turbo 1HZ getting around. Before you turbo, make sure injectors and pump are in good condition and the cooling system is up to scratch.

If it was my truck and I couldn't put a 1HD-# in it, I'd personally put a Gturbo green wheel on a 1HZ along with the biggest intercooler I could fit, but turbo selection is a bit like what oil you should use... everyone has an opinion...

Plenty of turbo 1HZ getting around. Before you turbo, make sure injectors and pump are in good condition and the cooling system is up to scratch.

If it was my truck and I couldn't put a 1HD-# in it, I'd personally put a Gturbo green wheel on a 1HZ along with the biggest intercooler I could fit, but turbo selection is a bit like what oil you should use... everyone has an opinion...
Cheers mate! I haven't looked at the pump or injectors, I'll give it a check up this weekend.

Everything I've done so far has been inexpensive, full service, re-sprayed tray, dual batteries etc. The turbo/intercooler would be the first pricey job on the old ute.
I've been holding back because I'm not too sure if the money is worth it, or if I would be better off waiting to buy a wagon with a stock turbo.

I almost got a supercharger for $1000 the other day, and I missed it. Looking on here it seems like putting in a bit more for a good turbo would be a much better way to go anyways.
Screenshot_20210825-144436_Gallery.jpg

Blowers are for detroit diesels and petrol/gasoline engines IMHO, not diesels. I think you'd me much happier with a turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom