12ht engine with 2h radiator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
planning to get a 2h radiator for my 12ht engine, will i have cooling problems? where can i find one in the US? more interested in non-aluminum radiator. thanks in advance

planning to get a 2h radiator for my 12ht engine, will i have cooling problems? where can i find one in the US? more interested in non-aluminum radiator. thanks in advance
No, you won’t have any problems. 12HT as an engine tends to run cool.

The bottom outlet of the 2H rad needs to be moved - @Indestructible 47 has done this and hopefully will have some photos

The bottom outlet of the 2H rad needs to be moved - @Indestructible 47 has done this and hopefully will have some photos
This is correct when fitting the 12ht to a 40. I believe the 2h rad is the same as the 12ht. Toyota were not playing games as far as I know back then ( different radiator for the turbo models for later cruisers). I ran the 2h rad in my hj47 with the 12ht and it ran perfectly. You should have no issues.

As far as sourcing one goes, if you need to look abroad try ADRAD radiators in South Australia. They should have one off the shelf for your application and i found mine to be very well built.

thanks everyone for chimming in, my oem radiator has been repaired so i’ll just put in a 2h radiator to create more room in the engine bay especially with the two 12 volts battery in there. My doubts were all cleared. Thanks again

So is your signature this truck? If you have a 12HT in an old BJ42 I’d like to see
a picture or two

few pictures, enjoy

7D6620E7-E164-4128-B39A-E4506C869478.jpeg

6687667C-D8C7-4AFB-B527-8310E1CEF9B1.jpeg

BC459957-6C9F-426B-A19B-4676B1E64F9C.jpeg

View attachment 2210950

E6DB38DB-AF6C-48D5-95D3-7CDE2736AA47.jpeg

Very cool. Philippines? Lots of work done on that. Is the roof rack tied to the wheel wells
or right through to the frame? Still running factory PTO?

Very cool. Philippines? Lots of work done on that. Is the roof rack tied to the wheel wells

yes sir Philippines everything works even all gauges except ammeter i need to put in a higher amp reading cause i replaced alternator
with isuzu 80 amp, roof rack just attached on the shell right now i’ll need to attached it to frame later, yes PTO always worked when i need it. when i’m so stressed in the US i fly to the philippines to distressed. how did you guess the place?

I think the mud gave it away. Had a distinctive tropical look to it! LOL!
plus 12HT into a BJ42 wasn’t a common combination.

So are most of the trucks there 24V? I’ve got mine on 12V so lucky that way.
Sources for good electrical parts are abundant in Australia. I knew Hino parts worked,
Isuzu as well? Do you get them through Indonesia, Phillipines, Japan or Australia?
Curious as to parts sources there?

So are most of the trucks there 24V? I’ve got mine on 12V so lucky that way.
Sources for good electrical parts are abundant in Australia. I knew Hino parts worked,
Isuzu as well? Do you get them through Indonesia, Phillipines, Japan or Australia?
Curious as to parts sources there?

i would say there are more 12 volts but 24 volts are not that rare either. i could have converted to 12 volts but i like the 24 volts especially when you start and ran your wipers it’s like 12 volts on steroids no hesitation. im pretty much based in the US so i just source out my parts from ebay and online shops and either ship parts to Philippines or take it with me when i fly.

Not sure I agree about the 24V wiper thing. My BJ74 has pathetic wipers, 24V or not.
I find 12V easier to manage, but even an 80A 12V alternator for my 60 with 12HT 12V system
seems to have not the output I’d anticipated. But depends on each truck I think. The BJ74
has zero issues with anything else and it has the full electric package.
I do like you truck, it’s pretty cool.

Not sure I agree about the 24V wiper thing. My BJ74 has pathetic wipers, 24V or not.
I find 12V easier to manage, but even an 80A 12V alternator for my 60 with 12HT 12V system
seems to have not the output I’d anticipated. But depends on each truck I think. The BJ74
has zero issues with anything else and it has the full electric package.
I do like you truck, it’s pretty cool.

thanks mate for liking my truck, i haven’t seen a picture of your truck but definitely it’s a cool truck too anything land cruiser will put me on steroids. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom