How to dispose of a full tank of gas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put it in cans and add it to my parts washer. Kill weeds. Accelerate fires. I love me some old gas but be careful. It will blow up. The 1/2 drum idea will get your head blown off.

Dispose of it at a Household Hazardous Waste Facility- but be sure to contact them first. My local only accepts gasoline 4x per year on certain dates.

I put it in cans and add it to my parts washer. Kill weeds. Accelerate fires. I love me some old gas but be careful. It will blow up. The 1/2 drum idea will get your head blown off.

An old engineer buddy of mine used to joke that if Gasoline were invented today, they probably wouldn’t let the general public have it. It’s some volatile sh#t !!

While I mentioned the -concept- of dilution through vast dispersion, I too was faced with the exact same predicament as the OP: 10 gallons of old gasoline I needed to "get rid of.

At the time, where I lived, there was no option of burning it a little at a time or taking it to a waste facility (oil reclaimer wont take it) so after draining the tank into jerry cans, I asked our gardeners if they wanted it. They were thrilled and after they had used up the gasoline a few weeks or whatever later, they returned the jerry cans back to me.
As mentioned previously- an ad in Craigslist for free old gas will definitely bring a taker.

I took @FJ60Cam’s advice and posted it on CL and I now have a couple of people lined up to drain the tank for me!

I’m very glad everyone is enjoying the thread. 🙈

Please take video of these people

I got bad gasoline in my boat from a shady marina a few years ago, and had to dump 70 gallons. I pumped it into a drum, and took it to the hazmat in Everett. They unloaded it with a forklift. The rest I let evaporate in buckets.

Park on the flower bed of the neighbor you don't like, then pull the drain plug....

Run it.

13 year old gas:

A gallon at a time?... I think not. Been there and done it, I'm still here, head intact. Although......my hair hasn't come back in as thick as it was.
:rofl: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom