Events/Trails Open Invite - Charouleau Gap 2-8-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how was the ride today i saw Ben at QT fueling up. any good pictures. i need to live vicariously for a while on this trail

Thanks @ARJMN for organizing this Caterific 🐱 run! Great to meet all yer fantastic co-workers :bounce:
1581223490627.png

Sign-in board Friday night
7D_33742-small.jpg

Overlooking the town
7D_33755-small.jpg

Decisions decisions - right or left . . .
7D_33757-small.jpg

Left it is!
7D_33765-small.jpg

Mo Pics - Fun at the waterfall. I have been on this trail at least a dozen times and never knew about this waterfall :happy:
7D_33767-small.jpg
7D_33780-small.jpg
7D_33782-small.jpg
7D_33786-small.jpg
7D_33792-small.jpg
:woot:

Spotted @ARJMN along the trail
7D_33796-small.jpg
7D_33806-small.jpg

Broken J$$p trail blockage
7D_33807-small.jpg

If you made it to this sign without 4WD - you obviously don't need it! :rofl:
7D_33827-small.jpg

@D_Web headin' up a rock
7D_33832-small.jpg

It was an awesome run! Just a tick north of what I care to get the cruiser into. Had a couple hairy moments, but no one broke down, no body damage, and sliders proved to save the day. Thanks a ton @Stepmurr for joining in and taking pics. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I have had my fill of the Gap for now.

Mikaela, I have mixed reports on that. I have been told it is "wicked harrrrd Bro" by mainly Jeep drivers, and told "no worries, there are bypass lines" by others. I am not going be able to pre-run this one, but one of the guys in my office with a RZR said the north half is easy. I read that the most technical stuff is on the first half of the trail. I'll post up some more info outside of work hours.
My vote is the Gap is now "wicked harrrrd Bro" :eek:

No way would I try this trail in the Taco again, and certainly not going to run it solo again.

Last edited:
@Stepmurr is your 40 lifted or what size tires are you running
Yes & 35's.

The list of most of my mods is in the first post of my (unfinished) refresh thread listed in my sig line.
"My family heirloom "refresh" thread: "

looks like fun. My 80 is stock and open diffs. I done know if it could make this trail without rocker damage. I’ve done much of the trail in my 86 4runner but it had 6” more clearance than my 80 does.

looks like fun. My 80 is stock and open diffs. I done know if it could make this trail without rocker damage. I’ve done much of the trail in my 86 4runner but it had 6” more clearance than my 80 does.
It was the limit of my comfort with 3" lift, 33s, and lockers. Maybe a better driver than me could do with less. It was a beautiful, fun trail though.

Still wading through 90 GB of video footage, but here is a teaser clip.

Pretty crowded on the trail :steer:

Southern half of trail - Catalina to the Charouleau Gap cattle guard.

(Re-encoded to high def 1080 30P on 2020-02-16)

Last edited:
nice video. You trimmed it to a good 14 min. How long did that section actually take? I think it takes me about an hour to get there. Maybe a bit longer.
There is a clock in the upper left corner of the screen. I show we left at 9:14 and I crossed the cattle guard at 11:05:56.
We weren’t in any hurry:)

It took much longer to edit the video than to drive it:bang::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer:

There is a clock in the upper left corner of the screen. I show we left at 9:14 and I crossed the cattle guard at 11:05:56.
We weren’t in any hurry:)

It took much longer to edit the video than to drive it:bang::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer:
Hah. I didn’t even notice the clock. Good call. And good pace. Going fast just breaks things and you don’t get to see all the cool stuff.

This video shows going over the Gap and driving to the crick where the drowned j@@p plugged the trail for a while.

(Re-encoded to high-def 1080 30P 2020-02-16)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom