Events/Trails Classic Cruise 2020 - 4/25/2020 (1 Viewer)

classic cruise trail

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
[
IMG_20200316_155917_506.jpg
USER=24282]@murf[/USER] and I are staring to work on the details for this years classic cruise but save the date for the last weekend in April on the 25th. the location will be fairly centralized for the most part, between Phoenix and Tucson probably near Florence. It shouldn't conflict with country thunder, like last year, as that is the week before the classic cruise. I am going to be putting out some options for the trails so it can be both a one day trip or an over-nighter if people want. This will be a true Classic Cruise so the same rules apply as last year any 4x4 Toyota from 1989 and older so it will be plenty friendly to the more vintage Cruisers. If you have a first gen 4runner, pickup, cruiser all are welcome. If your vehicle does not fit the criteria but you want to come you can always ask to be a passenger in one of the rigs that is going. I have heard from many people that the coke ovens are closed because one got knocked down. Knowing that makes no sense to go if we can't see them. Box canyon will go to Reymert mine so this years run will start in Florence go up through box canyon to Reymert mine and finish on the 60. This will be a most of the day trip with chances to stop for lunch. In addition to the commemorative sticker, there will also be "door" prizes. categories to be announced on the day of the run. This is mentioned in a later post but I just realized that is wasn't posted here. The official meet up time is 8:30 at the dirt lot behind McDonald's in Florence, there is food and a gas next door and the trail by 9.

Going so far
Me- @mtn biker
@Cruiserhiggs
@samtoddlee
@Hank Tank
@splitshot
@FJFORTYFAN
@ftbshop
@JackA
@Sheppard
@Honger
@msahr
@brices123
@ollanik

Possible attendees or wanting to ride shotgun
@Enrique Sonora
@tls3601
@drenmaster

Last edited:
I can’t wait! I’ll have the 4runner there this year

Thanks to Mtn Biker for running point on the classic cruise this year!

there are 2 trail choices in Superior, Montana mountain or Reymert mine, or from the Florence are we could do box canyon and the coke ovens that we were supposed to do last year. The trails in Superior are rated as easy whereas box canyon is moderate.

Count me in for now. I'd vote for Box Canyon as run of the month for Feb 22nd is going to Montana Mountain Loop.

Looking forward to it. I'm all for good scenery.

Looking forward to it. I'm all for good scenery.
My thoughts as well. :clap:
Been to the coke ovens from the southern end but never run Box canyon or reymert mine (suspect it is out of Top-of-the-World)?

IMG_20200211_105123.jpg

Overview of Montana
IMG_20200211_105148.jpg

Reymert mine
IMG_20200211_105224.jpg

Box canyon
IMG_20200211_105250.jpg

Coke ovens.

Some told me that the coke ovens may be blocked off. Since it is is on private property if the owner wants to preserve them that might have happened. Disclaimer I have never done any of these trails. But according to the maps box canyon does go into reymert mine.

I'd love to go but will be turkey hunting that weekend - damn!

If you do decide to run Box Canyon, I think permits are needed. Can anyone confirm?

If you do decide to run Box Canyon, I think permits are needed. Can anyone confirm?
Go hunt during country thunder the week before

Yes supposed to have a land use permit. I just checked and thankfully Mine is still good till May :happy:

I've never been asked for one but for the $15 or so dollars and all easy on line app, its too easy!

so Mtn Biker it's Box Canyon and coke ovens then?

well I have heard from numerous sources that the coke ovens are blocked off because some knuckle head knocked one over. so the land owner shut down access. Box canyon yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom