Builds Bucket List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The maintenance begins... Thanks Kurt! @cruiseroutfit

Side note: Does anyone know what color code this tan would be for a 1965 fj45? Colorado Beige?

IMG_7415.jpg

IMG_7416.jpg

Coronado Beige T451

My '66 FJ45 LWB was that same color.

Does anyone know if a Down Pipe and Muffer is available for a 1965 fj45 from Toyota still? All my Toyota resources I have saved only go back to 1969. I have a hole in my muffler and if I have to mess with that I might as well replace the down pipe which appears to be original.

Thanks for the help guys...

Seems @ClemsonCruiser had luck sourcing an OEM piece for his early 45 build through beno who was even surprised but perhaps only downpipe and muffler. Theres a better post buried in there i cant find or JP may chime in or have a part number.

"WY-REE-KA" A Ground Up 45LPB Restoration

Last edited:
17401-60150 which I believe is the down pipe & 17510-60020 which is the muffler both appear to now be discontinued searching a few online Toyota parts sites. @jfz80 thanks for the link thats where I got the part numbers, looks like Beno got them 2 years ago but maybe they are NLA?

Has anyone tried a FJ40 muffler? Which I believe is still available.

Thanks again!

I put a 17401-60040 down pipe and 17510-60070 muffler on my '63 FJ45 SWB with 1F earlier this year sourced from SOR. The down pipe needed to be extended to get under/around the mid-body cross member, but the muffler fit the OEM location with OEM frame bracket (purchased used from Mud member). Still need to locate/make the tailpipe (17430-61120) along with it's frame bracket.

Pic here -
Exhaust is 80% in, just need a tailpipe. My local shop - 25 miles away - added 9.5” to the OEM 40 downpipe, plus dropped the bump under the torque bar an 1” or so. Fits good. And with the bracket from @php74 the muffler fits well.
View attachment 1932933

Last edited:
Lovin' the look there! Keep it up.

But:
Seems @ClemsonCruiser had luck sourcing an OEM piece for his early 45 build through beno (rip) who was even surprised but...

@jfz80
Can you explain the (rip) portion of your post please? I only know of one translation of "rip." Tell me that's not for that particular reason.

Lovin' the look there! Keep it up.

But:

@jfz80
Can you explain the (rip) portion of your post please? I only know of one translation of "rip." Tell me that's not for that particular reason.

My apologies. The Beno is alive and well. I think that was a poorly worded attempt at humor after his mud screen name change to Onur and in reference to the end of an era of his exceptional services.

Ah.. I forgot he changed his Mud name. I guess I'm still just a little sensitive after loosing a great long time friend and automotive mentor last year. No harm, no foul.

Thanks Bud! Been a long time since I saw your name pop up, glad your still around :beer:
Yeah, I got fed up with the purists here.
Been building my 4Skinner and a '87 GMC 1 ton crewcab.
Two kids @ IU and a new house and shop....something had to give.
We will be in Melbourne later this Spring. :beer:

What a ruination of a fantastic survivor truck.

I put a 17401-60040 down pipe and 17510-60070 muffler on my '63 FJ45 SWB with 1F earlier this year sourced from SOR. The down pipe needed to be extended to get under/around the mid-body cross member, but the muffler fit the OEM location with OEM frame bracket (purchased used from Mud member). Still need to locate/make the tailpipe (17430-61120) along with it's frame bracket.

Pic here -
I just looked and SOR shows muffler for a 1965 FJ45 discontinued. I have my old one that looks to be in good shape but really don't want to trust a 50+ year old muffler. Any other sources or what did you use? Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom