Anyone ever installed bigger injectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll match @suprarx7nut for $200 and send it to him. Hopefully he can use the injector info and also see his way to producing the 2016+ 570 fob next. Not that there's any quid pro quo here.

Very cool I think we now have enough to get started. suprarx7nut, I have no problem at all with that a nice youtube video would be a great way to publish all the results anyway.

RiverRatMatt - $100
suprarx7nut - $200
BuckeyeFan - $200
J1000 - $40

Total $540. I am reaching out to a dyno operator I know with an AWD dyno. I don't know if the space is physically large enough for a 100 series, however.

Awesome! That is really generous, thank you. So far we have three people willing to contribute money:

RiverRatMatt - $100
suprarx7nut - undisclosed amount
J1000 (me) - $40

You said your injectors are probably ready to be replaced/serviced. We need a set of stock injectors with a recent service for the test, would you be willing to supply yours to FIS? Otherwise we could service another set and send them to you after the test. We'll likely need at least $400 for the dyno session plus the cost of injector servicing.
My pleasure, I always try to support good research :)

I couldn't supply mine, the cruiser is my DD, unless I'm misunderstanding and there wouldn't be any downtime.

Update for folks watching this.

I am getting my injectors cleaned right now. 06LX. Plan tentatively is to take the freshly cleaned 4 hole injectors and test then against @J1000 12-hole. He's written up a nice test plan to attempt to capture full throttle and partial throttle results on the two setups.

I'll try to capture the process and results in a YouTube video.

I am getting my injectors cleaned right now. 06LX. Plan tentatively is to take the freshly cleaned 4 hole injectors and test then against @J1000 12-hole. He's written up a nice test plan to attempt to capture full throttle and partial throttle results on the two setups.

I am looking forward to the results! Where are you guys planning to do the dyno runs? I have been wanting to dyno my truck. I have no idea what my truck is running for WHP.

Thank you for the update! I am currently re-reading this thread, as I am planning on rebuilding, or replacing my injectors in the next few days.

Thanks for the update. I was in for research/funding a while back but life...

I'm interested to see the difference and what fuel trims look like. Good move on partial throttle testing in addition to full. Since most don't hit full throttle much, the partial should show more real world possibility.

Quick question. Do the injectors require a pigtail plug adapter? If so, can someone share a link? There was an amazon link shared some time last year, but it no longer works.

OR

If the pig tail has a specific name that I can search for, that info would also be hugely appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit: after some research, I believe that the 12-hole Denso 23250-20030 injectors will directly replace my 1999 LandCruiser's Denso 23250-46080 injectors with matching plugs. I don't think that they will require wiring adapter pigtails.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the results! Where are you guys planning to do the dyno runs? I have been wanting to dyno my truck. I have no idea what my truck is running for WHP.
As of now, 5250 off i-25 up North of Denver.

I think I'm already subscribed, but I am eagerly anticipating your results!

Alright, Dyno is officially scheduled for Monday, Feb 3, 2020 at 9am MST!

@BuckeyeFan @RiverRatMatt I'll send PMs shortly with info if you're still game to contribute. I'm contributing freshly cleaned OEM 4 hole injectors off my 06LX along with whatever dyno fee balance remains after the contributions we're collecting here. I expect the total dyno fee to be around $300-350 so I think between the 4 of us (@J1000 as well), we'll have it pretty well covered.

If you'd like any specific shout out in the video, let me know. Happy to dish out the YouTube karma or keep you as an anonymous generous donor.

This shop does a lot of high horsepower builds on tuners and super cars so it might be an underwhelming session for them, but I'm stoked! haha.

Yesterday I installed a set of professionally rebuilt Denso 23250-20030 12-hole injectors, replacing the 265,000 mile stock injectors in my '99 LC. It was an easy 1.5 hr "plug and play" job. I bought them for $150 shipped from a reputable injector shop. Price included verification they are authentic OEM Denso injectors, plus a flow sheet showing they were static and dynamically flow tested within 2% of each other. Seemed like a reasonable price. Seller offered different packages: <3% matched sets for $100, <2% sets for $150, or <1% setsfor $200... I went with a 2% set.
Got them from HERE on evilBay
*Shrugs*

X73l7qc.jpg

Performance wise, they basically seem the same to me as my old ones!
😅
They're maybe -- MAYBE -- a tiny bit smoother. I dunno. After an 'ECU reset,' and 250 miles of modest driving (a tank full of gas), I am not feeling a huge improvement. Then again I've never claimed to have an especially sensitive butt; my 'seat of the pants dyno' probably isn't very trustworthy.

I performed the injector swap along with some other things as preventative maintenance, hoping for small performance gains and a fuel economy increase; my MPGs were getting pretty bad. Fully loaded, going 85mph with my KTM 690 motorcycle on a hitch carrier was yeilding around 8mpg... This one fill-up since the swap gave me MPGs more like what normal owners are getting in armored, lifted trucks with roof racks under modest driving conditions: I got 12.2 mpg going about 65mph (w/o the bike). (The mpg numbers were correctly calculated with GPS verification, tire adjustments, etc.)

Anyway, all in all, I'm glad I swapped mine out, and I can't wait to see if the dyno results reveal anything interesting!

ipvQalP.jpg

diezf8G.jpg

ZuU7AZq.jpg

vsGf8w7.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get them? If you can say...

Any teaser from @suprarx7nut re the dyno?

Yes, update!

The results are surprising in a few ways. There's a bonus (unplanned) surprise at the end that's going to upset quite a few people!

Full video dissecting results from the Dyno and Torque app data log should be coming in the next week or two on the YotaMD youtube channel.

Yes, update!

The results are surprising in a few ways. There's a bonus (unplanned) surprise at the end that's going to upset quite a few people!

Full video dissecting results from the Dyno and Torque app data log should be coming in the next week or two on the YotaMD youtube channel.

Surprise as in those who installed them should be happy, or those who installed them might want to re-install their 4-hole injectors back in......?

Surprise as in those who installed them should be happy, or those who installed them might want to re-install their 4-hole injectors back in......?

Well now, you're just going to have to watch the video to find that out! ;)

also following. excited that there was measureable results!

I have a set of these injectors waiting to go in...patiently awaiting the dyno results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom