Events/Trails HIH9 Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m really excited about this year. This year I’ve decided to take 2 week off and head to Moab and then Zion NP after HIHX. Yesterday reservations opened up for July 29 in Zion for campsites and I reserved a nice site for 3 nights.

The plan is to take the family to HIHX and then introduce our 12 YO to Arches NP, The White Rim Road in Canyonlands NP, and Angels Landing and the Narrows in Zion NP.

It was exciting making the reservations because it’s the first real step to HIHX for us this year!

I can’t wait!!!!

You might also look into the Rim Rocker Trail. Pretty awesome trail that goes from Montrose to Moab. You will be passing through Montrose as it is the way most people leave HIH. It will keep you on dirt almost the entire way. Much better than I70 that most people would use.

You might also look into the Rim Rocker Trail. Pretty awesome trail that goes from Montrose to Moab. You will be passing through Montrose as it is the way most people leave HIH. It will keep you on dirt almost the entire way. Much better than I70 that most people would use.

That sounds awesome! Unfortunately we will he towing our 4500lb Jayco TT and will most likely be looking for the path of least resistance;)

As I l’m starting preparation for HIHX I can’t help but reminisce about all of the good times and friends we’ve made the last few years.
The HIH group really is an unbelievable community. I don’t think there is a better group of people anywhere else in the world!

I’m seriously counting the days:D

Since I can’t seem to get my mind off of it here’s a few more pics from last year and even a few from Black Bear at HIH8 since we couldn’t run it at HIH9.

09C2E161-4AA9-43FD-8805-F101EA336F05.jpeg

If you look close at the photo above you’ll see a little recovery operation( :censor: ) going on that some of y’all may remember.
47FA970F-BD63-4890-ABAE-1685E227CA5F.jpeg

06B133FB-C1AE-462E-8A09-0CBA1BFBCA37.jpeg

507E752A-E82D-4CE9-B642-1A9F259D26D4.jpeg

2ADAC451-E7E8-42E3-8F44-8F1A3CE6F795.jpeg

Last edited:
A few more from Black Bear HIH8:

@paflytyer
19878852-9824-4FDB-B9A5-06BBB4E3D1AD.jpeg

@paflytyer
9DF6F615-DBFF-49C8-B4DA-6DC28F036BE6.jpeg

150EC421-A2F1-4210-AB53-423138B149D2.jpeg

039442AD-5098-4A21-B7B2-DC5E41FE704D.jpeg

Not Black Bear but still one of my favorites. @aaronrules . Heck of a great guy, but I think he may have a screw looseo_O
EFAC537F-68A0-4411-A7AF-A86815F77094.jpeg

Last edited:
Vacation time is booked, hopefully can get in. We are headed to Co no matter what on the 18th so I’m sure we can explore somewhere else if we can’t get registered.

Just wanted to say I will also be in the area 7/25-7/30 if any 100 guys are there who didn’t make HIH, hit me up. Going with 2 5th gen runner buddies.

HIH introduced me to this area 5 years ago and also had patience with me as it was my first time wheeling. Since then my rig has seen plenty of use!

Thanks again to Chris and Stan and the amazing sponsors who make this possible!

Last edited:
I’m really excited about this year. This year I’ve decided to take 2 week off and head to Moab and then Zion NP after HIHX. Yesterday reservations opened up for July 29 in Zion for campsites and I reserved a nice site for 3 nights.

The plan is to take the family to HIHX and then introduce our 12 YO to Arches NP, The White Rim Road in Canyonlands NP, and Angels Landing and the Narrows in Zion NP.

It was exciting making the reservations because it’s the first real step to HIHX for us this year!

I can’t wait!!!!

FWIW the White Rim was absolutely amazing but it is scorching hot in July and no one is out there. No one. We did it before HIH last year and saw 3 cars in 120 miles.

I've got TONS of GPX files for all the trails in CO. I can share them on GAIA if you need them. There are some seriously cool routes that very few people even know about. I did a run from Buena Vista to Silverton on 98% gravel last year....it was an epic trip.

Mind sharing them with me? I am moving to the area in May and am hoping to attend HiHX. If not I plan to explore the area on my own.

Just wondering if anyone pulled a camper to any of the HIH and how that went? I have a 22' and was going to come down from Denver and Steamboat Springs.

Just wondering if anyone pulled a camper to any of the HIH and how that went? I have a 22' and was going to come down from Denver and Steamboat Springs.
Ive pulled my 4500lb Jayco from south Ga and back twice and will do it again this year. The 100 handles it no problem.

whats that white stuff? Phoenix is great....

I really miss living in Phoenix on days like these. I shoveled once in Phoenix - because a snake died in my driveway. I'd love to shovel a snake right about now instead of this perpetual snow!

Ive pulled my 4500lb Jayco from south Ga and back twice and will do it again this year. The 100 handles it no problem.

Tell him about your 8 MPG 😅 Towing..... I don’t even want to do the math on your fuel cost for HIH every year 🤦🏽‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom