What are you working on? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Remember the part where I said you're all bad influences? This is exactly that I'm talking about.

We'd be a bad influence only if we were telling you to sell it! ;)

Remember the part where I said you're all bad influences? This is exactly that I'm talking about.
So here is the thing about that. Your like a acholic going to the bar asking his buddies to discourage you from drinking. All they are going to say is just have one with us. And 1 turns into 10 and you stumble home and get slapped by your wife....

The only solution is to go somplace else.

So here is the thing about that. Your like a acholic going to the bar asking his buddies to discourage you from drinking. All they are going to say is just have one with us. And 1 turns into 10 and you stumble home and get slapped by your wife....

The only solution is to go somplace else.

Next thing I know I'll be divorced with a 4-linked, double locked, sprung-over FJ40 on 37's...

You forgot the tow rig and trailer.....

I'm currently on this step of the process while building the rig, I find the trick is you get yourself something nice but then you must get the spouse something as well, doesn't have to be just as expensive but something to make the slap hurt a little less lol!

My son and I took advantage of the beautiful winter weather this weekend and cleaned out/organized the barn. The '95 is soon to be disassembled now that I have space to do so.

dumping the tank, installing a Carter P4070 in line pump, new fuel line, filter, and then tackling whatever is going on with this carb. Most likely just going to back to stock.
Also, PB Blasted all the Top Mounting bolts to tearing apart the Hard Top.

FJ.jpg

Slowly building storage for my 3rd generation 4runner. I went a cheaper route for the drawer slides using M8 bolts with a bunch of bearings that came off a couple inline skates that I had laying around and some 1" rectangle tube.

20200114_214814.jpg

20200114_214820.jpg

Apparently I’m working on a bumper upgrade sooner than expected. Bambi 1- GX 1/2. Luckily my son didn’t swerve or attempt anything crazy, just hit the brakes and braced for impact.
GX held up pretty well but it’s a great excuse for an upgrade.
7BF81AB6-7FA3-4DEF-8168-3E71E8729811.jpeg
02990C57-9245-4BC3-AC44-AECAA31D7E3C.jpeg

Now, where does one source an ARB Bullbar in Central PA? Trying to avoid shipping if possible and willing to travel a few hours if needed.
Thanks!

Slowly building storage for my 3rd generation 4runner. I went a cheaper route for the drawer slides using M8 bolts with a bunch of bearings that came off a couple inline skates that I had laying around and some 1" rectangle tube.

View attachment 2183240

View attachment 2183241
Sorry I missed the group at the breakfast but my son ended up having a separated shoulder. The drawer fronts, flush pull handles, and ready to install on the 4runner.

20200120_203805.jpg

20200120_203821.jpg

20200120_203828.jpg

Now, where does one source an ARB Bullbar in Central PA? Trying to avoid shipping if possible and willing to travel a few hours if needed.
Thanks!

Main line overland can source them and they are down the street from my shop. I can also source one myself from toytec, but would still have to get shipped. Not sure if MLO has them in stock or just drop ships them, but if they have them in stock I’d be happy to facilitate delivery to you.

Trying to get it back up and on the road!

Some of you may remember I posted asking for some mechanic help- I'm about the furthest thing from it, but willing and trying to learn! (Mechanic Help in Harrisburg)

After getting the garage cleaned out, I began embarking on a journey that I'm sure will provide equal amounts of joy and frustration.

I bought the truck over the summer. PO was in the Navy, on leave for months at a time, and it had sat for most of the past 7 years (since 2006, only like 9,000 have been driven if I recall correctly).

Since the truck had been sitting for at least a year, I drained the fuel and replaced the aftermarket fuel filter with OEM. Both needed it, and the fuel was about 8 gallons of varnish in the tank that looked exactly like the below. I also found out that my '85 had the gas tank recall done at Spring Hill Toyota in Mobile, AL in 1992. The filter also had tons of debris.

I replaced the starter with a remanned OEM, took out the old NGK and put in some denso plugs (have the wires, will be changing when I do more of an overhaul on the engine).

It turned over, we drove it once around the block, and then parked it back in the garage. It idled high, and puffed some white smoke. Plenty of research later, I know I can have nothing wrong other than some old fuel/condensation in the tank and lines, or I can have a cracked block. Right now, I'm running down the list. The weather has slowed me down a bit, but I'm hoping its just part of the engine cranking for the first time in a year+. Next up, JimC's carb clean method. Hopefully that takes care of the rough idle.

I've picked up the parts for a desmog (snagged a non-US carb, and OEM dizzy per Brian's recommendation), and will be sending those off to Jim for a rebuild and recurve. My fan shroud has a big ole chunk missing, so I picked up a complete one and will eventually chop it in half and install.

I have a decent amount of work ahead, but I love the amount the community here shares and educates others. I've learned more about engines since picking up this rig 6 months ago than I had learned in my 30 some odd years of life before.

Cheers!

file1-2.jpeg

file2-1.jpeg

file-5.jpeg

Anyone in the club near I-80 that could receive a mud ship for four loose wheels for me?

I’d pay you in gas money gratitude and beer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom