Events/Trails Open Invite - Charouleau Gap 2-8-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting the plan together for an open invite trail run at the Gap. I have never done it before, but I am told it is both challenging and a great trail.

Open invite means all rigs are welcome, and there might be a number of Jeeps from my office. I'll post up more details, but wanted to get this out there to plant the seed.

Jason

Dang can't make that weekend, been wanting to do this trail :cry:

Dang can't make that weekend, been wanting to do this trail :cry:
Now that my 80 is mechanically done, I plan on hitting trails as much as time and desire allows. Stay tuned, we may run it again.

I assume this isn't stocker friendly?

I assume this isn't stocker friendly?
Mikaela, I have mixed reports on that. I have been told it is "wicked harrrrd Bro" by mainly Jeep drivers, and told "no worries, there are bypass lines" by others. I am not going be able to pre-run this one, but one of the guys in my office with a RZR said the north half is easy. I read that the most technical stuff is on the first half of the trail. I'll post up some more info outside of work hours.

I’ve never done this trail either, but looks fun. If I can get my family past the current onslaught of flu, ear infections, etc, then I/we will be there in one of my jalopies for our first ever CSC run!

From my anecdotal understanding, there’s really only one gnarly obstacle, “the step”, which has a bypass around it. Based on photos, it looks to be something that longer wheelbase rigs might have an easier time with. EDIT: After seeing photos in the below thread posted by @splitshot, my statements were clearly inaccurate :oops:

Last edited:
Used to be an annual event, lets bring it back. :hmm:

Best traveled from Oracle to Catalina imo and plan on the day. Also agree with Mikeala, it can be tough on the North East end if there is water flowing in the Canada Del Oro, and the west side drop into Catalina.

Last edited:
WOW found this picture of @Stepmurr Tacoma all shiny and new with street tires
1579819629962.png

WOW found this picture of @Stepmurr Tacoma all shiny and new with street tires View attachment 2190698
That was one of my solo gap runs. I had just finished the bottom rail of my sliders but had not bent and welded on the outriggers.

The gap was the first time I went out with CSC. My Taco was less than a month old and still had my temporary paper plates. Bone stock.

I might be down with this

Jason if you want to Pre run give me a shout

I’ve never done this trail either, but looks fun. If I can get my family past the current onslaught of flu, ear infections, etc, then I/we will be there in one of my jalopies for our first ever CSC run!

From my anecdotal understanding, there’s really only one gnarly obstacle, “the step”, which has a bypass around it. Based on photos, it looks to be something that longer wheelbase rigs might have an easier time with. EDIT: After seeing photos in the below thread posted by @splitshot, my statements were clearly inaccurate :oops:
I am planning a run 2 weeks later to the Tucson wash in Mammoth it is an easier trail more suited for more "vintage" cruisers with an optional section that can satisfy your crawling cravings about 1/3 mile long. going with my dad who likes to go out but by no means offroads. the more the merrier Run to Tuscon wash

Last edited:
Interested. Don't want to damage my truck--I've upgraded tires (to 285s) but still stock underneath and no sliders.

Alright, time to call role. Anyone joining in? Again, this is an open invite that includes people from my office.

So far it looks like three 4WDs and three SXSs. Let’s plan to meet at the TRAILHEAD at 8:30 to air down and do a safety briefing. Plan to be fueled, ready, and rolling at 9:00am sharp. We are running it from Golder Ranch to Oracle, and it is stated to take 6 hours plus any stops we make. Should be a good day.

My cell is 501-772-6109. Call me if you have questions.

Charouleau Gap / FR# 736 - Arizona Offroad Trail

Alright, time to call role. Anyone joining in? Again, this is an open invite that includes people from my office.
I plan on 🏕camping🏕 Friday night a little ways up the trail. See you Saturday morning:steer:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom