New to us a factory locked vehicle and its not a Toyota Ekk! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
FIRST OFF OUR 80 SERIES LAND CRUISER IS STILL HERE. IT WILL NEVER LEAVE AND WILL ALWAYS HOLD ITS EARNED #1 TITLE.

The build goals for Ms LCP -
3 most important features in an Adventure Vehicle are a bathroom, the ability to stand up to get dressed, and a heated cabin. We have met her vehicle needs. Much more to follow.

First night 15° outdoors 62° indoors = win
Second night rained woke to snow = win

Lot of tuning and mods still to be done but the future is bright.

The end goal will be a composite cabin if our travels/use justify it. Very happy with the Gen 3 Power Wagon platform its a keeper where ever the build takes it.

20200120_081749.jpg

Nice..and look forward to seeing it.

FIRST OFF OUR 80 SERIES LAND CRUISER IS STILL HERE. IT WILL NEVER LEAVE AND WILL ALWAYS HOLD ITS EARNED #1 TITLE.

3 most important features in an Adventure Vehicle are a bathroom, the ability to stand up to get dressed, and a heated cabin. We have met her vehicle needs. Much more to follow.

The end goal will be a composite cabin if our travels/use justify it. Very happy with the Gen 3 Power Wagon platform its a keeper where ever the build takes it.

View attachment 2189679
Nice! Happy Wife.....

Phil, I am keen to chat with you. I retired my 2004 T4R, "Scooter", back in December and replaced it with a mint 2012 Ram 2500 with 40K on the clock. I got it because I wanted a rig capable of towing my cruiser on a car hauler (~8500lbs) down the road with ease while still getting decent MPGs. I wanted a pre-Tier 4 Final/DEF rig, and set my sights on a 2012. I have looked at adding a smaller travel trailer or drop in bed camper. Look forward to checking your out. Are you going to the TBT Meet this Saturday?

Also, congrats! The Power Wagon is an awesome rig!

Phil, I am keen to chat with you. I retired my 2004 T4R, "Scooter", back in December and replaced it with a mint 2012 Ram 2500 with 40K on the clock. I got it because I wanted a rig capable of towing my cruiser on a car hauler (~8500lbs) down the road with ease while still getting decent MPGs. I wanted a pre-Tier 4 Final/DEF rig, and set my sights on a 2012. I have looked at adding a smaller travel trailer or drop in bed camper. Look forward to checking your out. Are you going to the TBT Meet this Saturday?

Also, congrats! The Power Wagon is an awesome rig!

Never heard of TBT?

Turtle Back trailer (TBT) open house this Saturday at there new location

Nice Phil. The PW was one of the vehicles I looked at recently to replace the 100. I too want to keep :princess: happy.

Wish the diesel was available.

Congratulations on the new rig, I’m sure Jen will appreciate the comforts as will you. Can’t wait to follow your modifications.

Wait...Phil bought a dodge...and it’s not even a cummins?
View attachment 2189918

I strongly considered buying back our old CTD,6sp,1ton,4WD,4.11 but Jen does not like the smell of diesel in the morning, afternoon, or evening. I will add with the PW at 6000# with factory 4:56 it has no problem accelerating anytime on a 7% grade.

I strongly considered buying back our old CTD,6sp,1ton,4WD,4.11 but Jen does not like the smell of diesel in the morning, afternoon, or evening. I will add with the PW at 6000# with factory 4:56 it has no problem accelerating anytime on a 7% grade.

I'm not saying your reasons aren't justified... but I will still have to give you a hard time about it :)

I am a huge diesel fan boy. I like me some low RPM torque. If both my cruisers could have 24 valves cummins in them.... they would...

View attachment 2189679
I’ve been eyeing the power wagons as well. Found out you can add the power wagon options to the Tradesman model to help keep costs down.

I'm not saying your reasons aren't justified... but I will still have to give you a hard time about it :)

I am a huge diesel fan boy. I like me some low RPM torque. If both my cruisers could have 24 valves cummins in them.... they would...

No worries I did enjoy our CTD

Note - Gen 3 6sp PW has a factory 74:1 crawl ratio with 355/395 you have all the low end power you need.

I’ve been eyeing the power wagons as well. Found out you can add the power wagon options to the Tradesman model to help keep costs down.

Yes mine is the poverty edition ...everything you need and nothing you dont. Hard to find gen 3 not beat.

As long as the white 80 resides in the LCP driveway, doesnt matter what else you got! Congrats on the new PW and future adventures with Mrs LCP

I have always been somewhat against diesels (on account of their dirtyness; starting from way back when I lived in Germany) - and after having wheeled behind @Enigma on Golden Spike at Cruise Moab, I am even more vehemently against diesels - that stuff just plain stinks to heaven :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom