TTT -- The Tool Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Circuit breaker/fuse should be sized to the wire that's being used, not the alternator output. The wire gets sized to the load with overhead if you desire, then the wire protection matches the wire.

Imo its not necessary to protect the alt to battery wire.

I've gotten several Snap-on ratchets from Ebay fo $30 to $40. I picked up another Snap-on long handle 1/2" drive for $45

Had to sell the 80 last year and am going to be back in the market for another cruiser shortly so I've started a very slow search. A few 100's I've seen were due for the timing belt service so I started researching the procedure to see if I could DIY and save some $$$. Noticed there were some significant torque specs (above my wrenches) so I started looking at a breaker bar and hanging scale solution when I saw this on Amazon. I know technology has changed a lot since I was in school but didn't realize math facts had updated too :oops:

math.JPG

looks like some of that common core math has made it to the wild.

need some advise. Getting ready to dive into the center differential on the LX. I watched the OTRAMM video on youtube many times and he has all sorts of adapters he used on his press to get the bearings and gears off. . I'm going to need the same but don't want to spend a fortune. Will this set work or is there a set specific for the landcruiser.

Amazon product ASIN B01FLVOAZI

That set is specific to front wheel drive wheel bearings. Not sure if that'll work or not.

In general a large bearing splitter, some random used bearing races or exhaust tubing, some pressing disks and some random chunks of wood will get it done.

Built a grinder stand / storage rack. It’s pretty much done minus paint, which will have to wait until it gets warmer outdoors. Castors in the front and rubber isolator washers in the rear to keep it stationary while using. I might add a handle on the front for easier moving.

49376615361_d3d4c1e88f_z.jpg

49406764887_4f218c991d_z.jpg

49406765407_e5c7e4cfa0_z.jpg

Little whip action with the mig...
49406087218_ef2510b7c0_z.jpg

49406087113_4a11db8f1f_z.jpg

"Hi, My name is Jon and I'm a Grindaholic" :)

Quite the collection Jon! Nice stand.

Couple of big fat books showed up last night.
image.jpg

SST added to collection. In this case, Ford.

20200125_163236.jpg

So far I've been impressed with the "Klutch" brand available at Northern Tool. One failed hand tool that was easy to exchange for new.

Their 64:1 torque multiplier is pretty cool.

20200201_124341.jpg

41DA762E-EF16-4443-9352-658A2FF15C4F.jpeg

Sometimes, ya have to use the big ratchet. That’s a standard Craftsman 3/8” ratchet for comparison. Had to take off my Pitman arm nut and didn’t feel like rounding it off with an adjustable wrench or channel locks, so I remembered that I won a set of “big ass Chinese sockets” at GSMTR one year.

@JohnVee I got your enablement, right here!!!

After a 3rd ballast went sour on me I decided to try these 96" LED tubes. They go into the regular fixture ... just bypass the ballast. I obviously can't speak for longevity but the brightness is good. Best yet, the bulbs can be rotated so you can concentrate light in different directions.

20200209_190911.jpg

I replaced my 5 4 ft fixtures with feit led fixtures from costco a year or so ago. I keep two of them turned off, because it was too bright in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom