Feeler... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ghostrider I

I wear many "heads" as I have many vehicles.
Threads
Ok, so for my 50th birthday some 12 days ago, I pulled the trigger, bid on and won a 1985 UR quattro on Bring a Trailer. Car is in Toronto, ON. I plan on picking it up in the middle of April. Exact date to be announced. Anyway, my plan is to either fly up one way, rent a truck and trailer and drive back to CLT. Or, if someone wants to do a road trip with me and has a flat bed tow vehicle that can carry a 3500 lb +/- car or pickup and long distance trailer no dollies.

Of course, I will cover gas and incidentals. Most likely it will be a turn and burn, as it is Easter week, and I budget my time off. Keep in mind, you do need a valid passport or passport ID card to cross the border.

Cheers!

Damn dude that is one hell of a birthday gift to yourself... congrats.

Bitching Car!!

Nice ride. Is this the one? Wow. One of the greatest of all time for me, huge rally fan.

I'd fly up and drive it home if it were my car and in good running/driving condition. Have your AAA paid up.

I saved up and got one when I was 48. ;<)

B7C9A1A5-97B1-4DD1-A41D-2FB38863B76C.jpeg

Nice ride. Is this the one? Wow. One of the greatest of all time for me, huge rally fan.

That's the one.

It was either that or an air cooled "widowmaker." Considering this is 1 of 18 imported into Canada, and it's rare as well in the US, why not? GLTHFJ60 great idea as this was my original intention, but extra wheels and tires are included and only one set can fit in the car. It would be one hell of a fun drive home!!

Fly and drive, ship the wheels!

X2. Still way cheaper than paying someone gas, beer, and food to drive you from NC all the way up there and back. Fuel ain't cheap.

Any idea what the power is now with the upgrades. These things put about the same power down stock as the celiac alltrac does.

They can make massive power though that's been proven before.

According to the seller, 245 bhp. No catalytic converter too!!

Oh, adjustable BOOST control and brake bias too.

Well make sure it can handle the boost.... More boost won't do anything good unless the ecu adapts to it. No clue how adaptable any early Audi ecu from 85 is but I'm sure the early quattro groups on Facebook has the answers. I imagine the early Audi ecus adapt "decent" when compared to the early not one in my alltrac.

So what's the update on this? @Ghostrider I did you fly and drive before everything was shut down or get it shipped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom