SOLD SOLD — ATL, GA 1992 FJ80 - H55/4:1 Lo/37"s & much more! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Tan
Outside Link
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/d/sharpsburg-1992-toyota-land-cruiser/7085974351.html
Most of you guys who cruise the forum knows this 80, it was built for overlanding and is very solid. I have only owned it a couple months and hate to sell it but due to life changing events I need to sell this very well built Land Cruiser. All of the details are listed below. I have been daily driving it and it is awesome. It rides smooth and doesn't pull but without a front sway bar it has some body roll, the 3FE runs great and has no problem cruising on the interstate at 75-80 mph (if it's flat). The interior is in good condition for a 28 year old vehicle. A/C doesn't work but could only need a recharge. There is zero rust on the frame/body.

Asking $10,500
Located in Sharpsburg, GA

• 1992 Land Cruiser 80 with 3FE with approx 263k on the clock
  • 2016 Installed a brand new manual 5 speed Toyota H55 transmission. As well as the fully rebuilt large bearing split case with the 4:1 low range gear modification done by Valley Hybrids.
  • Twin stick setup
  • Has a clutch assembly out of a Aussie 80 series.
  • ARB Deluxe front bumper (kinda rare) and will fit an 8274 upright winch without modification unlike the standard ARB. A preivous owner wants to swap this ARB bumper for new style if the new owner wants.
  • 4X4 labs rear bumper with duel swing outs. Driver swing out build to handle 3 Scepter cans.
  • Prinsu roof rack
  • I think it has a 6” OME lift
  • 37” KM3’s with only about 2,000 miles on them x 5
  • New Tandem Off-road 17” bronze wheels x 5
  • Custom extra fuel tank in rear out of a Cherokee Laredo and if you supply 12v to the wires at the rear bumper the internal pump will pump the fuel out. Just put the hose in the main tank, Jerry can, or whatever you are trying to refuel.
  • Asian locking hub conversion.
  • Lunch box locker in the front
  • Just installed a new rear third from a stock 80 with only 150k on it.
  • Safari snorkel
  • Full floater rear conversion with disk brakes.
  • Upgraded front axle shafts to RCV’s.
  • Front trailing arms are stock with caster correction.
  • Upgraded brake pads
  • Drawer system in the rear.
  • 1500 watt power inverter
  • Custom sliders
  • Airlift 1000 Air bags in the rear.
  • Brake controller wired in.
  • Spare new starter, alternator, belts, water pump and various other parts.
  • Recently installed a new brake booster.
  • Recently had the rear drive shaft balanced and the u-joints replaced.
  • Just took apart and cleaned out the condenser and had the system recharged.
  • Drove it from Dallas to Atlanta in October with no issues, the previous own (The Jade Bean) drove it this August to Ouray from Texas pulling a 16’ popup camper and it did surprising well considering all the mountains.
  • Installed new 4 Kicker 5 1/4 speakers in the doors.
The BAD:
1. A/C is needs to be recharged, previous charged the A/C when he cleaned the condenser but it doesn't blow cold. I haven't tried to recharged it yet since it's winter time. Also the fan switch needs to be changed, I have one but haven't changed it yet.
2. There are various oil leaks that one could expect to see. Rear main seal is leaking but not pouring, I check it often and haven't had to add oil since purchasing it in Oct.
3. The front sway bar was removed prior, I have most of the parts to to reinstall the sway bar if new owner wishes.
4. Small dent on the rear passenger side quarter rocker panel near the bump/below tail light.
5. The speedo is off by about 10 mph.
6. Paint is faded and has starches but this is a 28 year old Land Cruiser that been wheeled.
7. There are couple exhaust mounts broken, 1 at the tail pipe and 1 new the cats. The exhaust pipe will knock on the rock slider when you first start the engine but not while idling or driving.
8. There is some rock rash on one or two of the newish wheels.

FJ80 flex driver.jpg
FJ80 flex front.jpg
FJ80 flex rear pass.jpg
FJ80 front.jpg
FJ80 side top.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool truck. Read through the thread where it was manual swapped many times. How do you find it drives with the PT 4WD and H55F?

Very cool truck. Read through the thread where it was manual swapped many times. How do you find it drives with the PT 4WD and H55F?
It drives great, it is still a 3FE but with the H55 you can keep up with traffic. The clutch is lite and doesn’t give you a killer leg work in stop and go traffic. I really enjoy driving it. It has stock 4.11 gears and with the H55 it is almost perfect, I can cruise at 75-80 mph on the highway not problem. I really wanted to get the 4.56 gearing in there, I think it would have helped top pull on hills. Currently if there is a hill I have to down shift to 3rd or 4th depending on speed.

The part time kit reduces wear and improves fuel mileage. The advance adapters 4.1 low range gears is noisier then stock transfercase gears but when you put it in 4LO you can crawl while off-roading. With the airlockers it would almost unstoppable.

More interior pics. The drivers seat isn't as bad as it looks in the picture, it just needs the side seam re-stitched.

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_2215.JPG

I've done a very similar swap before. This is a very cool truck!

Good luck with the sale!

I can lower the price to $9500 if I remove the 37" BFG KM3's and replace them with a set (5) 37" Nitto MT's with around 40% tread.

I can also remove the Prinus rack, ARB Bumper, and 4x4 Labs rear bumper as well and drop the price more. I'd rather not remove anything from the Land Cruiser but I want to sell it.

Still available! I will be removing the new BFG KM3's soon and will drop the price. I also have the new Marlin built 3rds with Yukon gears and Airlockers, also a new ARB compressor (high output but not twin model). For the right price I will install the new 3rds and have the leaking rear main seal replaced.

Thanks

I’ve been out of town for work for the past 6 weeks and haven’t had time to focus on selling the cruiser.

I will do $10,000 cash as it sits.

$9,000 cash without the KM3’s

If someone wants it even cheaper I’ll remove the bumpers, roof rack, and drawers. $7,500 cash.

I really don’t want to remove anything from the cruiser, I honestly don’t have time to remove anything. It is a awesome FJ80 with no rust and it would be a shame to remove parts.

Posted it on Atlanta Craigslist and it's been on Facebook Marketplace since I first listed it on Mud. I've had a lot of trade offers for other Land Cruisers, Porsche's, Motorcycles, home built Overland camper rig, and several other cars/trucks.

No parts have been removed, I did sell the new 3rds with Airlockers that bought for it but with my work travels I haven't had to swap the KM3's out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom