FJ40 / 6BT / NV4500 / NP205 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
I went and picked up a back seat full of parts from a guy and was checking out his 71 FJ40 with a 6BT engine. Is was shoe horned in there for sure but it looked good. It was mated to an NV4500/NP205 with full length Corp 14 in the back and Dana 60 in the front. 37" tires on Hum-v wheels. He is not on any forums and has never posted pics online. He told me this was very rare and only heard of one other 40 with a 6BT. I really don't know anything about the diesel stuff or if an FJ40 and 6BT are rare or not, but his rig looked good. One funny thing about it was the rear driveshaft......the tube was only about 2" long :)

Did you snap any pics? Sounds like a crazy swap!

His shocks must have only been an inch long as well... :rofl:

Did you snap any pics? Sounds like a crazy swap!
He seemed to be against pics, not sure why. He did say when he is completely done he will take one picture to post online and that will be the only one. Super nice guy but not sure what the aversion to pics is about.

The hood was cut out in the middle for some type of intercooler/electric fan combo that was mounted right on top of the engine. It only stuck out in the front part about an inch or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom