Recreating 60 Series Weatherstripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a link to have a look at for these seals interested in getting some if you will send to Australia?

Also wondering if they’re reproducing the seals on the outside that go on the bottom of the window to seal between the glass and door skin?

Also wondering if they’re reproducing the seals on the outside that go on the bottom of the window to seal between the glass and door skin?

Think you are talking about what is called the window felt (rubber part on the outside that is connected to chrome trim piece). If so, here is City Racer's offering. I replaced these on my truck recently and they are wonderful.
Outer Window Felt / Seal for Land Cruiser FJ60 - Set of 4
This is the new thread on how to replace the felts ON the chrome (keeping both pieces).
Definitive How To for Belt Moulding/Weatherstrip

Thanks for the links was good reading but our Australian cruisers have the quarter window in the front so they wouldn’t work unless they can be trimmed down if possible ?

Thanks for the links was good reading but our Australian cruisers have the quarter window in the front so they wouldn’t work unless they can be trimmed down if possible ?
I think they can be trimmed but may not turn out the best looking. The stock ones really just have a piece of metal that is molded into the inside of one of the pieces so that it is rigid. A good, sharp pair of tin snips or aviation cutters (straight) could probably make quick work of it.

Not sure if that's correct, I understood City Racer reproduces (or has them done) using an original OEM piece for design. I know this because I sent Roger new OEM WS for fj40 bifold doors, he reproduced it and now sells it.

Afaik this is not off the shelf stuff from some else

guys should check www.jegs.com. All these weatherstripping pieces are made by Precision and resold by others. Jegs seems to have the best pricing.

The amount of effort Roger went through to reproduce the weatherstripping for the 40 and 60 was above and beyond. Not only did he base them off of true OEM pieces. There was thorough prototype testing to ensure perfect fit and sealing properties. Definitely worthwhile to not only support a great member of this group but also to get a great quality product.

Resurrecting this thread. I've bought a Cityracer front widescreen dam (no chrome), rear tailgate weatherstrip (for swing-out doors) and a pair of the seals for the rear tailgate lenses. Although none of this stuff has been fitted, it does look good and the price was excellent.

I'm wondering if the following might be offered:
-Weatherstrips for the top of the left and right rear ambulance doors.
-Felt strips - these are felt on metal pieces which clip onto the inside of the door and wipe down the outer surface of the door glasses when they are lowered or raised.

Thanks

EO

Think you are talking about what is called the window felt (rubber part on the outside that is connected to chrome trim piece). If so, here is City Racer's offering. I replaced these on my truck recently and they are wonderful.
Outer Window Felt / Seal for Land Cruiser FJ60 - Set of 4
This is the new thread on how to replace the felts ON the chrome (keeping both pieces).
Definitive How To for Belt Moulding/Weatherstrip
Thanks to @LCnAZ for his write up on swapping the chrome trim onto new OEM outer channels. I'm wondering if the same procedure can be done on the CityRacer window channels? Has anyone swapped the factory chrome onto the CityRacer channels? If so, I couldn't find it anywhere....

Thanks to @LCnAZ for his write up on swapping the chrome trim onto new OEM outer channels. I'm wondering if the same procedure can be done on the CityRacer window channels? Has anyone swapped the factory chrome onto the CityRacer channels? If so, I couldn't find it anywhere....

I'm pretty sure that City Racer's outer window felts sold to black out your cruiser are actually the same part number as the ones you'd use with the chrome. I don't know what part numbers City Racer sells but from all the reading I did, I couldn't find a difference. See my post here: Builds - Rediscovering an '87 FJ60 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rediscovering-an-87-fj60.1244381/post-13891211

I'm pretty sure that City Racer's outer window felts sold to black out your cruiser are actually the same part number as the ones you'd use with the chrome. I don't know what part numbers City Racer sells but from all the reading I did, I couldn't find a difference. See my post here: Builds - Rediscovering an '87 FJ60 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rediscovering-an-87-fj60.1244381/post-13891211
Ok, thanks for that. I’ll have to look into getting some new clips. The ones from my ‘84 body are steel, and the ones from my ‘87 HJ60 donor truck are the white plastic. Unfortunately some of the white plastic ones broke when I removed the window channels. I’ll post up some pictures of the steel clips from the ‘84.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom