What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (82 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was actually the lower bolt that had removed itself. I feel pretty lucky. But also feel quite dumb for not making sure it was torqued correctly to begin with. Live and ya learn.
I'm a fan of Loctite on caliper mounting bolts. Some may disagree. I've had two vehicles caliper come loose in the past.

#neveragain

No pictures but I learned a lesson. Found out you MUST torque your brake caliper bolts to factory specs. Or else the caliper will ride on the inside of the wheel and scratch the crap out of it. Good news. No real damage and bolts are all tight now. And new bolts were pretty cheap.

there's a spec for that? is it 'really ****ing tight ft/lbs because thats what I've been doing

Not yet the weekend, but checked torque on wheel lugnuts all around before a long road trip. Checked all fluids and tire pressure.

Live (thank God) and learn.

I really should try and post a bit more often on here. I wanted to ditch my roof lightbar for a few reasons. Among them being; I don’t use it much, and I want to try to cut unnecessary weight. So, I thought to try some ditch lights after researching to find most people who have them, like them.

Long story short, these little but super bright Baja S1s came out recently, so I fit them in pretty good under the mirror. I’m thinking they will help with giving me a wide, low angle, good for late night campspotting and visibility around and behind the front wheels for nighttime trails.
EAA2DFDA-C73F-410A-A2D8-AEEBB1201098.jpeg
F0FA83AD-C632-4915-BA31-21D0EA570459.jpeg
5F2341C4-D2F6-4AF7-9C17-F5B6F839911B.jpeg
055B4E33-A5F7-456C-83D7-5A5CB57FE5A9.jpeg

Last edited:
On the fun side, did a little winter camping with the usual 80 crew. @DanMedeiros @Hyup
01E5CAD3-BC77-4F34-A155-803B75D60F88.jpeg
B0DFFF54-4529-452F-A8F2-EDC1234CCD38.jpeg
138D3C57-97B9-42F7-B790-BCC3E223ACE5.jpeg
EA519A7F-B7DD-47C7-A267-6EAAADD82218.jpeg

@Shoredreamer did you sell your BD 10" S8? If not, I'd buy it! ;)

BD stuff is really nice..... glad they came out with the S1's - they needed that size form. wish it'd been a month earlier !

You got off easy. Sounds like the top caliper bolt came loose so there wasn't any resistance on the wheel, just scraping. Had the bottom one come loose it could have jammed against the wheel and locked it up. I've seen that happen to a few. It's called making a quick exit from the roadway. LOL
This happened to me when i was 2k miles from home. I didnt understand what was happening and the local shop told me my front differential was destroyed.(!) I drove all the way home on it with the front passenger wheel randomly locking up at low speed stops and all kinds of noise other wise. After that harrowing drive I felt really stupid AFTER I PULLED THE FRONT AXLES starting from the drivers side. So I got to the passenger brake caliper near the end of the project. I put a hex on the shop in Wyoming.

Picked up my first 80 series about a month ago and couldn't be happier. Been working on chasing down oil leaks and general maintenance, such a fun project and platform to work on. Just installed the ARB bumper and lights last night and couldn't be happier with how it's turning out.

F83DC63A-B717-4CEA-BCAC-438FD309E6B8.JPG

W
Picked up my first 80 series about a month ago and couldn't be happier. Been working on chasing down oil leaks and general maintenance, such a fun project and platform to work on. Just installed the ARB bumper and lights last night and couldn't be happier with how it's turning out.

View attachment 2154918
Welcome!

Go over to the clubhouse and find the Tornado Alley Cruisers!

Looks like you're in the Olathe area.

See if you can figure out where we're going to be and come to one of the get-togethers!

WTF? why does it say in your sig that you sold it already? Looks beautiful. Makes me miss my LX (that I still have but its dead.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom