Rear Heater Piping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Day everybody,

I was wondering if anybody had suggestions on the rear heater piping, I recently got a 97 80 series, and the rear heater piping is rusted beyond reasonable repair, would it be possible to replace these with hoses, I looked up the piping system and it is about $130 per piece with 4 parts needed. Thanks for any suggestions

The common thing to do is just to bypass the rear heat piping at the firewall. You loose the rear heat but most people never use it anyways.

Rear heater bypass. Rear hear delete.
It's simple to bypass that piping. I hemmed and hawed over it at first but never missed it after bypassing it.
You could string some heater hose but it's just another failure point to maintain.

Thanks for the advice, will have to consider the bypass option, we got the 80 for a family truck though, and may need that heat still. does the front heat warm the whole truck well enough?

Ok, hold on. It all depends on how bad you want the heater. Yes it is very convenient to have it & most have lived a complete life with out a rear heater. I live in California & just bypassed mine, I got a good few snow trips out of it but that was the only time I used it. Now it looks like the OP lives in snow country, that's a different story.
If I was definitely going to keep mine I would run a stainless steel braided line the whole way back, but that could also be overkill... one could also run a quality brand of hose the whole way & double cover the exhaust areas with the next size hose.

Ok, hold on. It all depends on how bad you want the heater. Yes it is very convenient to have it & most have lived a complete life with out a rear heater. I live in California & just bypassed mine, I got a good few snow trips out of it but that was the only time I used it. Now it looks like the OP lives in snow country, that's a different story.
If I was definitely going to keep mine I would run a stainless steel braided line the whole way back, but that could also be overkill... one could also run a quality brand of hose the whole way & double cover the exhaust areas with the next size hose.
Yeah, we just got stationed in NYC, I have never experienced east coast cold(grew up in the west) do you have a good options for stainless hoses that would fit for the heater there?

See post #2

Replacing the hard lines with factory cannot been done without removing the head or possibly lowering the rear of the drivetrain.

So right now it seems like the perfect time to replace the rear heater lines in my 1994. Toyota Canada (in Vancouver) is criminal with their pricing. Any after market options on these? Should I stay Toyota? Toyota USA is usually way cheaper.

20190816_151118.jpg

Have you considered ordering parts from UAE or Japan, Amayama or Partsouq dot com are both in UAE. Amayama in Japan also.
Their prices are usually much lower than even US dealers. Will you get charged high import duties on parts shipped from overseas to Canada?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom