Events/Trails Annual Christmas Tree Run November 30th 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Who is up for some snow wheeling? Be doing a day trip out to the bear berry area. There is the possibility of a new trail being run. I'll have to discuss that, but for the most part we can run the regular tree run trail that has some fun optional sections for those interested. Can meet at the GTI in Caroline at 10:30 for departure Saturday morning. Let me know who is interested.

Thanks,

John

I believe the RMLCA was planning on going that day as well. I have all of my family in town that weekend, so I am out.

So, heres what happened, more or less.

I got stuck, then we winched. Then Eric got stuck, so we winched some more. Went on quest to the bottom of the skag pit, then more winching. Winch had a moment and wouldn't power out, so we had a team building exercise. Jacking and shoveling then jacking some more to get the shovel back after the initial jacking. Winch became happier, snatch block came out. Cobbles was extracted from skag. Had a small pop and no drive to one front tire while on previously mentioned quest to the bottom, so that took some jiggery pokery. After great success poking and jiggering all was well. Hub wasnt fully engaged, wack of grease had migrated into it. Putting a set of oem hubs on my neverending list of stuff to acquire. I got around behind to Eric's be-hind then we winched some more. That didn't work. So I watched Eric and Byron work, then it did work. This all took quite a while, unfrozen skag made the rest of the trail a no go at this time. So we get back to the road, help out a beached side by side. Stand around a bit more, and that was that.

Great day, times were had, goo was flung. Didn't freeze camping so that was also success.

On the drive home I went full Max and hucked a steer tire into the ditch, (hangs head in shame) something I have never previously experienced. Rears yes, in my younger days, never a front. Oopsy. Surprisingly anticlimatic, which was good. New John did also good work fetching said tire from said deep, deep ditch. Sketchy ass roadside-snowyhill-hilifting commenced. Lug nuts were secured from my stash of bits and away we went. This was not exactly success but could have been much worse. Another nice sunny day though. All in all, the usual wheeling based adventures must go on, and so they shall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom