Warn 8274 Y68 bearings not able to be replaced?? Warn says to buy upper housing at $290.00?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
Hello, I have a Warn 8274. Was having a problem with the motor and had an electrical shop rebuild it. They told me my in the upper housing the two bearings that go on the shaft inside a gear are bad. Warn will only sell the entire upper housing at $290.00. I really just need the two Torrington Y68 bearings. If I could find a shaft I would replace it too. $290.00 is what I must spend for two bearings? There is an upper housing on ebay but I might run into the same problem with it. Plus the seller will not respond to a question. There are two other bearings on ebay under the warn winch area that look the same but the seller does not know.

Anyone else had this experience and have a solution?

Thanks!!

Warn doesn't make bearings, they buy them. Got to a local Motion Industries or similar industrial supply. You will need the inner and outer diameters and length or thickness.

if in WA

http://mcguirebearing.com/

they are Seattle, Tacoma, Yakima....

hand them the bearing.....they should hand you back a new one

(edited for location and not reading well)

Last edited:
Or Motion, we get our bearings from them these days. Anytime I need a bearing I send the specs to our purchasing agent and he has a quote within hours and they deliver to the mill.

Im in the same boat.

Removed the gear in the upper housing and knoecked the (2) torrington Y-68 bearings out.

Has anyone discovered a replacement.

I had my upper housing media blasted prior to powder paint and the blast media found its way into the needles thus the reason I chose to change them out.

Im in the same boat.

Removed the gear in the upper housing and knoecked the (2) torrington Y-68 bearings out.

Has anyone discovered a replacement.

I had my upper housing media blasted prior to powder paint and the blast media found its way into the needles thus the reason I chose to change them out.
Try gigglepin(spelling?) or red winches in the UK. They make a lot of stuff for 8274s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom