Lease Takeover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever taken over a lease for a 200? On the surface, this seems like a good deal, as you can get a long-term price on a shorter term. It seems like there are a few places brokering these types of deals, but all want $$$ to signup.

PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, the more I look at it, even loans are a rip-off. 5%? Really? I think a cash purchase might be better at those rate.

LC holds value so good definitely is not worth it. Just sold 16LC and got myself 20LC. Costed me 20K to drive it for 4 years. Pretty much for cost of 4Runner lease drove LC. Lease on LC would be 2x.

Well, I'm thinking of going LX, but assume the logic will be mostly the same, even though they don't hold value quite as well.

Ah, right. Because you are paying the depreciation, plus some cost of money and profit for the dealer. So, the less the vehicle loses (depreciates), the less you pay on that factor. Makes sense (I think).

LC holds value so good definitely is not worth it. Just sold 16LC and got myself 20LC. Costed me 20K to drive it for 4 years. Pretty much for cost of 4Runner lease drove LC. Lease on LC would be 2x.

Out of curiosity how many miles on that 16 when you traded it in?

Out of curiosity how many miles on that 16 when you traded it in?
Don't remember exact number but it was below 30K. So low for the year. Definitely helped with resell value a little. Key, the truck looked brand new as I really took care of it.

Can't really look at it that way. If you pay more on the lease and the car holds its value well, you have equity in the lease. You can build equity in a lease. A lot of folks don't seem to realize that. Just like you'd have equity if financing.

Main thing to look at on leases is money factor, residual and fees.

Main thing to look at on leases is money factor, residual and fees.
Money factor being a kind of implied interest rate? Comparing these two forms of 'ownership' should be possible from a financial perspective.

Money factor being a kind of implied interest rate? Comparing these two forms of 'ownership' should be possible from a financial perspective.

Yes to both. You certainly can compare the two from a financial perspective.

Yes to both. You certainly can compare the two from a financial perspective.
I'm just starting the financial analysis of this transaction. On the surface, it seems these two forms are similar:

money factor = interest
residual = depreciation (or 100% - depreciation)
fees are probably the same, origination and servicing (?)

If you've got such a comparison, or know of one, I (and probably others) would love to see it.

I'm just starting the financial analysis of this transaction. On the surface, it seems these two forms are similar:

money factor = interest
residual = depreciation (or 100% - depreciation)
fees are probably the same, origination and servicing (?)

If you've got such a comparison, or know of one, I (and probably others) would love to see it.

I'm sure you can find something on-line that would do this. I don't have anything to easily post on internet.

The SwapaLease.com site is kind of fun just to browse the McClarens, Rolls, Ferrari's etc., I haven't ever taken over a lease though. No LC's at the moment, but quite a few LX's.
SwapALease LX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom