2019 TRD Tundra Pro Suspensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I possibly might be coming across a used set of 2019 TRD Tundra Pro complete front and rear suspension (fox style with res). I was wonder if they would bolt right up or some modifications would be needed?

To my knowledge nobody has tried it yet. I’d expect the front spring rate and possibly valving to be wrong with our suspension arms being shorter. The rears likely won’t work at all since our suspension is so different from a leaf-spring Tundra.

As for the front bolting up.. try it! If you get a decent deal on them you should be able to sell them to a non-TRD tundra owner somewhere if they don’t work for you.

The front shocks should bolt up. they may lift the truck, because they are longer, as they were built for the Tundra arms that are 1.5" longer than the Cruiser.
you may need to change out the bushing at the bottom of the shock, where the bolt goes through the lower control arm and the shock.
Stock tundra/cruiser shocks will fit either way, Icons require a different spacing to line up.

if you get the set, sell the rears and get a matching set of fox shocks for the rear.

It would be far better to get even a mediocre suspension setup that is specifically tailored and tuned for the LC. Like the stock setup. Rather than a great suspension that is setup another application. Which most definitely will be tuned wrong and result in sloppy handling.

Suspensions are always tuned as a system including spring rates and damping between the front and rear axles. It's more than the sum of its parts. Tuning involves balancing front to rear and tailoring aspects like ride frequency of the system, so the overall vehicle maintains composure over varied dynamic conditions.

It's really too bad there's no TRD USA Pro fitment available for the LC.

There are TRD suspensions that exists in other markets supplied by different OE manufacturers. Perhaps TRD Japan? Part #48030-UJ200

Last edited:
that would be true if you were looking at a completely different vehicle, but the tundra and 200 share so much the tuning works pretty well.

ive been on Tundra front icons and LC rear for over 70k miles. through fast desert running and rocks of Moab and colorado.

my set up includes the Tundra arms, but i'd be more than confident to run the tundra coilovers on stock LC arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom