Do these TRD tundra wheels look correct? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
I picked up a set of winter 18s for my 19’ LX off eBay and given the seller had no feedback I’m doing due diligence. I realize it should be done pre purchase not after but I have recourse.

The plan is to install my LC factory size blizzak from my 18 LC I traded and have some cloned tpms installed by the local tire shop.

They look pretty good on initial inspection but one can never be too careful.

87CE1B2B-6016-4019-BFE5-C06B9F6EF049.jpeg

98FD9E41-36CA-4A36-99F7-F0AC78D8EB35.jpeg

26B1DCC2-B38D-4FF9-B845-76A632C31005.jpeg

BC64463F-8BFA-4458-B90D-20FB7419DCC9.jpeg

228CA56D-7F88-4C8D-9C6B-1AFBA82F585F.jpeg

Find other pics of the same wheel and try to determine if the lug nut washer seats are masked on those. I seem to remember the ones on my 13 LC wheels being bare metal but I didn't get them new.

Yes they are off a 2018 trndra pro and/or off road trd..... the 2019-20 tundra trd pro came with the BBS

They look like the 42611-0C170 repainted black instead of the 42611-0C200 which are from the factory all black for the 2018 TRD pro and 2019+ Tundra youth package.

Factory tundra wheels will never have paint in the lug nut seating area or where the TPMS washer is seated.

Both wheel part numbers listed above are made by Citic Dicastal out of China and shipped to the Tundra plant.

Interesting guys thanks. They were all bagged up and boxed looking like new which had me thinking that’s odd. Almost like they were ordered from China and then reshipped by just tossing in another larger box. Hmm paid 900 shipped with tax so a return might be in order.

Unfortunately I’d suspect Chinese knockoff at this point. That market springing up kinda ruins buying OE wheels anywhere but the dealer now.

I don’t see anything on these wheels indicating that they are knock offs. I am confident they are just repainted.

I don’t see anything on these wheels indicating that they are knock offs. I am confident they are just repainted.

What would we look for to identify knockoffs?

What would we look for to identify knockoffs?

It is hard for me to elaborate but in my job, I deal with Tundra and Tacoma OEM wheels at the factory every day.

The casting mold appears correct and all the proper ID markings are there from what I can see in the photos. The only thing that I see that does not meet Toyota spec is the paint where the lug nuts and tpms nut/washer seats, we would reject them like that.

They look exactly like mine, Tundra TRD take-offs from the dealer and did not have painted lug nut surface.

TrdWheels_ScrnSht.png

CooperDiscovererSnow_IV.jpg

For reference, if they are the non-BBS wheels and are just painted, you are too high on price. A set of take offs from a TRD tundra can be had for $600-900 very often on Craigslist, and with the brand new set of Michelin AT2’s.

HTH

Before I bought the TRD rims from a local-ish seller, I looked into a bunch on eBay. Most of them were the regular bare aluminum version redone (paint or powder coat) in black. The sellers I asked freely admitted this, when asked directly. The ones I got eventually were takeoffs from a Tundra TRD pro (I saw the vehicle they came off), and all have bare metal at the lug mating nut surface.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone who took the time to help me. So these are definitely NOT TRD pro wheels. I realize it’s a small distinction but it’s what makes the eBay listing false advertising and as such will be my reason for return.

For reference, if they are the non-BBS wheels and are just painted, you are too high on price. A set of take offs from a TRD tundra can be had for $600-900 very often on Craigslist, and with the brand new set of Michelin AT2’s.
HTH
Yes, $900 is what I paid from the dealer, TRD Wheels and new set of the Michelin AT2's.
TRD_Wheels_18in_LTX_AT2_Tires.png

Thanks all. Seller has agreed to take them back and pay for return shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom