Unobtainium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I‘ve got my floor mat. Its cool, fresh, flexible and sexy
4A580CA8-7381-45BB-B5D4-C3ECB94FAB72.jpeg

Here you can see new vs old
550AB070-A766-4468-A7A0-715B6C5C7BD9.jpeg

Some nice details
8BD91040-2F89-41B1-8D15-345C983D6E09.jpeg

68A36612-CD13-4281-860D-69B6FC8BCF3C.jpeg

Thanks Roger! @Racer65

The mat in your photo is for 5 speed John (raised gearbox cover). I thought you were wondering how the other style would fit a raised gearbox cover.

Not sure what your saying, OEM floor mat but what what year. 10/82 floor mats changed on the four speed.

10/82 all inspection covers are raised H41/H42/H55F. Only difference is the location of the transfer lever. This is the hump section from either 83 Ute or trayback. Those only came with a four speed with the raised hump section.
P1050982 (1).JPG

Not sure what your saying, OEM floor mat but what what year. 10/82 floor mats changed on the four speed.

10/82 all inspection covers are raised H41/H42/H55F. Only difference is the location of the transfer lever. This is the hump section from either 83 Ute or trayback. Those only came with a four speed with the raised hump section.View attachment 2113745
79-10/82 models have flat gearbox cover and use floor mat with larger TOYOTA in the middle (same as the reproduction ones). The photo I shared shows how this type of mat fits on 83/84 with raised gearbox cover. The mat doesn’t fit perfectly around transfer case stick.
The mat with the smaller TOYOTA logo in the middle (same as the one you shared or the one below) is correct for raised gearbox cover.

B8FE3373-83A5-493D-9237-DB7F511EBA17.jpeg

Welcome home Roger! It looks like you had a good trip. I like the grey wheels!

Welcome home Roger! It looks like you had a good trip. I like the grey wheels!
Funny story on the way back: I went to renew my Global Entry at the airport. After the officer asked me what I do for a living, the interview quickly turned into, "Really? Which models? What years? You own a FJ40?". Needless to say, I passed with flying colors.

I work in rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing. I've been looking over some of the discontinued parts and I am wondering which parts are in most demand? We can even print sand molds overnight for sand casting things like intake manifolds, steering knuckles etc etc.

People so far have mentioned:
12HT exhaust manifolds, or bellhousings
The ultimate 40 series unicorn- the 40 series specific h55 top cover

Just curious, can you do a mold for silicon borate glass ? I am not sure of the material for the mold but believe it melts at a lower temp than a lot of metals.

Just curious, can you do a mold for silicon borate glass ? I am not sure of the material for the mold but believe it melts at a lower temp than a lot of metals.
Yes, and we have some synthetic sands now that have a melt temp just over 4000F for high temp casting.

79-10/82 models have flat gearbox cover and use floor mat with larger TOYOTA in the middle (same as the reproduction ones). The photo I shared shows how this type of mat fits on 83/84 with raised gearbox cover. The mat doesn’t fit perfectly around transfer case stick.
The mat with the smaller TOYOTA logo in the middle (same as the one you shared or the one below) is correct for raised gearbox cover.

View attachment 2113867
Floor mats out of LX 5 speed with raised gearbox cover with transfer case opening at exact correct position (Top mat). Late model 83/84, 4 speed with raised gearbox cover.
Notice the difference on the position of the transfer case opening.

B927429D-9600-42ED-9A9D-0B5D3FFE33F0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom