What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (110 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A proper Swedish gymnast wouldn't have a broken lug stud... :flipoff2:

You can run with five for a long time.

Sverige är inte perfekt.

A proper Swedish gymnast wouldn't have a broken lug stud... :flipoff2:
Hahaha good eye. I Replaced it! The wheels all have inserts and use standard conical Lug Nuts though. I’m thinking of going back to the shank style.

Meet up with another 80 and tested out lockers, hyperflex and tried to get stuck. Video will be up at 245EST if anyone is interested lots of deep water.
C0020_Moment (3).jpg

I camped next door to that Dissent 200 at sand flats this spring in Moab. Pretty neato.

Aint worked on the 80 much since i picked up a family member(distant cousin) for the stable. Its beat, but getting fixed up. Going 3.25” over per side long travel 4x4, deaver f55 leaf pack and some fox triple bypasses. Its my go fast to pair up with my go slow 80.

BA5FF18C-2F95-4FCC-AE18-6C2C38B60528.jpeg

82055551-D1A2-4565-990B-17DA718120F8.jpeg

You got your ring and pinion issues all figured out I guess?
Yea the ring and pinion were/are good the vibration stems from hyperflex arms, talked to amny fellas in AUS and they said same issue on lifted trucks. So I may either go back to superflex or delta arms.

Aint worked on the 80 much since i picked up a family member(distant cousin) for the stable. Its beat, but getting fixed up. Going 3.25” over per side long travel 4x4, deaver f55 leaf pack and some fox triple bypasses. Its my go fast to pair up with my go slow 80.

View attachment 2123177

View attachment 2123179
how do FOX hold up to surface rust? my king shocks are good, But KING bumpstops already rusted and no winter yet.

how do FOX hold up to surface rust? my king shocks are good, But KING bumpstops already rusted and no winter yet.
Bout tbe same, normally, but these are chromed. Chrome holds up wayyyyyy better. Ill be doing my coilovers as well, local place quoted me 110 per shock including all the little aluminum parts. Cheap!

• Love
Reactions: RFB
Ran it to charge the batteries after sitting for almost 4 months. And it seems the HG finally went.. so I couldnt take it to Turf N Surf. Luckily my buddy had a spare 80 series laying around. So I took that one. Thanks to @yodaTEQ for the Greenie!
20191101_112251.jpg

Time to hang out with good friends and have some beer.
IMG-20191101-WA0017.jpeg

Last edited:
Headed out to the trail. Got my money’s worth out of the my front and rear Harrop Eaton lockers! My brother with an unlocked 80 on 35’s had to power through and use momentum and suffered a slight dent and a couple of scratches.

CE8832DC-E530-40B7-AA0F-A6567F731E6A.jpeg
97C1FC06-8826-4182-BB38-13A04881AD18.jpeg
69CBD045-465D-49C2-805A-984E6A940017.jpeg
32653B29-4119-4A3E-B08C-7A8AE300D39B.jpeg

185AD940-6AB4-4651-AD07-8C10FB12506D.jpeg

Last edited:
The directions that came with my fox coil overs say to wax the shock bodies periodically to keep them looking nice. They are aluminum body, not sure what you have.

The directions that came with my fox coil overs say to wax the shock bodies periodically to keep them looking nice. They are aluminum body, not sure what you have.
Yea these are the chromed shafts that are rusting up nicely. not the body. kinda sucks

Put in the 3rd row light. Of course I swapped the wires around in the hidden plug after it was retrieved. But It only worked when the switch was on? No work when you open the hatch except for the first 8 inches of opening. FAWK, I figured it out after 20 minutes. It was a work hardened wire that runs in the body to upper hatch boot area. Did an environmental splice as my repair and VOILA, properly operating 3rd row lighting.:bounce:

Next step is to buy some panel clips, plenty broken in the rear hatch :bang:

The pile of OEM parts is building, waiting for the salt to drop and put this puppy to the shop for the big deferred maintenance items from 300,000 miles! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom