2019 LC200 GX w/ 5 speed manual & barn doors. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. I wish mine also came with the factory locker. I ended up installing Harrop Eaton E-lockers which have worked great when I've used them. Like yours, my 200 didn't come with any of the other typical VX stuff either. No KDSS, atrac/crawl control, cruise control, back up camera, front/rear proximity sensors, power seats, rear/roof AC, 2nd/3rd row speakers, etc... I did however get the Toyota factory roof rack w/ rear step, factory dual batteries, push button start, cool box, 3rd row seats and lift/tail gate. All of which have been very useful.

As I'm in the bush a lot, the manual gearbox was a major appeal to me being able to push start it and all. Not to mention it's fun to drive!
I agree, I love driving manual and as long as Toyota keeps offering a manual wagon, that will always be my choice!
My vehicle came with sensors but i never use them, you always have to be mindful of the spare in the back when reversing in tight spots but it's generally a non issue.

Come to think of it, I've never seen vehicle with as many different variants/trim levels as the land cruiser. Almost every country/region has different specs and options.

I agree, I love driving manual and as long as Toyota keeps offering a manual wagon, that will always be my choice!
My vehicle came with sensors but i never use them, you always have to be mindful of the spare in the back when reversing in tight spots but it's generally a non issue.

Come to think of it, I've never seen vehicle with as many different variants/trim levels as the land cruiser. Almost every country/region has different specs and options.

Totally agree. I've owned some auto Toyota's (Tacoma TRD & Camry), but really enjoyed my manual box 4x4's. Still, I'd love to have the backup camera that is wired into the dash. I'm looking now at getting a VDJ79 double cab from dubai, and the LX variants and even some of the non-LX variants all come standard with a backup camera!!! How is it that the lower grade 200's don't... 🤷‍♂️

Still, I'll take my low grade 200 over no 200 regardless of how it comes. These things are fantastic vehicles!

Wish they sold that cargo area floor mat here in the states. Would be nice to have one without the cutouts for the third row seats. Maybe when the Heritage Edition comes out they will sell one?
Great truck - so jealous.

Brice, i have that oem cargo mat, if you ever want to put hands on it and check it out.

Lucky you That model will never ever make it to North America, Middle East is a Landcruiser and Nissan Patrol world , and manual trans barn door ? you can forget it will never happen.

Wish they sold that cargo area floor mat here in the states. Would be nice to have one without the cutouts for the third row seats. Maybe when the Heritage Edition comes out they will sell one?

They are easy to buy from Australia. There are a couple of threads here in the 200 section. Takes about 2 weeks from ordered to in the back on the Land Cruiser. Runs about $125 delivered depending on exchange rate from a Toyota dealer in the rear mat thread.

Reactions: HGB
They wouldn't the structua

I would not think they would be an easy swap. I doubt we have the structural back plates to facilitate the barn doors so they'd need to be welded in or custom made just like they likely don't have the plates that support the hatch and tailgate we get.

I would not be surprised if we did not have the nuts in place and just the holes not drilled. That was how the soft open lower door spring is. Welded nuts are behind the frame and the hole is not drilled.

You can order anything your heart desires from sites like Partsouq or Megazip.

As for the barn doors, my opinion, they look cool but I much prefer the split gate for usefulness.

We get plenty of barn door 200's here. In southern Africa, they don't come with the swing out spare, so the plastic moulding looks kind of goofy. Either way, being a truck guy, trucks should have tail gates. And, I have 3 kids, all of which have been in diapers, and one who still is. That tail gate sure makes a good changing station!

My 100 and 200 side by side
20190619_211611.jpg
20190619_210929.jpg
20190619_213443.jpg
20190619_210850.jpg
20190619_210826.jpg

How does it perform with the v6 and 5sp? What is anticipated MPG and what are the axle ratios?

My 80 has barn doors and I love them. Way more useful than the split tailgate. I wish my 200 had barn doors too. Easier to load/unload cargo, easier to reach for your stuff, easier to load stuff on the roof rack, easier to wash the roof.

If anyone is interested in how the OEM spare tire carrier looks without the spare.
20191030_124150.jpg

20191030_140613.jpg

20191030_141031.jpg

New wheels + tires going on soon.
I'm also going to install the OEM spacer to keep me going until my king shocks arrive.

Last edited:
I still like the truck. Thanks again for posting the pictures. I would love to have my 5.7 with a manual transmission.

My 80 has barn doors and I love them. Way more useful than the split tailgate. I wish my 200 had barn doors too. Easier to load/unload cargo, easier to reach for your stuff, easier to load stuff on the roof rack, easier to wash the roof.

A lot harder to sit on, unless your car is laying on its side, however.

I thought so too, I'm not a weld expert but they look messy.
I'm sure they are strong as I've never heard of a carrier failing.
I wonder if Toyota sub's the manufacture of these out to another company?

A lot harder to sit on, unless your car is laying on its side, however.

Nope. Very easy to sit on, lots of space. Very easy to stand too which makes loading stuff on the rack or cleaning the roof really easy.

B818C31E-208A-4668-A0D5-6402D9EF5FDF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom