FJ60 17" Rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy Old Thread, Batman! I now have the Stealth Custom Series F5’s. Best 17” wheels I could have imagined

5B93F7DD-A0A2-4BD2-8B06-7E3DC558398F.jpeg

Last edited:
what size spacers?

look back through the thread.... I think I said 1.5 inch spacers... sypdertrax was the best I found. I'll try and go look to see what I had to verify (I still have the wheels and tires but I'm running some different wheels and tires now....AT type tires for now).

yes...1.5inches

Last edited:
look back through the thread.... I think I said 1.5 inch spacers... sypdertrax was the best I found. I'll try and go look to see what I had to verify (I still have the wheels and tires but I'm running some different wheels and tires now....AT type tires for now).

yes...1.5inches

unless you swap to a 80 rear axle and IFS front hubs. Then no spacers needed. 😁

Is anyone running these on their FJ60?

7EBFCCFB-4B46-4DCC-8229-91BE199A9931.jpeg

yeah also depends on tires size. What I found is with 12.50 35 17 tires. under full articulation where the left or rright rear tire comes up in the wheel well I would get real hard tire scrub and the wheel well had some sharp edges which shaved rubber off the tires. spacers stopped this. If you had a thinner tire you might be ok or if you dealt with the sharp edges you might be ok. as I recall with 17inch wheels you did not need spacers on the front or rear....other than what I'm mentioning above. As I also recall I think there is a need for a longer lug nut stud.... I also added some different suspension bump stops to keep the axle from walking up so far, I know this reduces articulation, but felt I had no other choice. FYI

if you change the brake calipers you also might run into issues of clearance...it only takes just a little bit...ie if you run 4runner calipers or some other larger caliper....the caliper might interfer with the "hub" area of the wheel, that area of the wheel that seats down and is super close to the caliper anyway.

Holy Old Thread, Batman! I now have the Stealth Custom Series F5’s now. Best 17” wheels I could have imagined

I love those wheels. Probably a dream at this point, but that would be the wheel I’d run.

I love those wheels. Probably a dream at this point, but that would be the wheel I’d run.
They have been up north to Yukon and Arctic over half a dozen times now. Worn out one set
of Toyo MT’s on these trips. No damage, no bead issues, and balancing has been easy.
They are a top of the line wheel, I couldn’t be happier.

@Hamachi @staggrlee In that pic Tor was running some brake mods on front and an 80 series axle in the rear. So his is a bit wider than stock but I can confirm they fit on a 100% stock.

I found someone with a TRD pro 4Runner that was nice enough to let me test fit one since no one else was running them. Then I ordered 5 from Mr. T.

No spacers required. You just need to newer style lug nuts with the shoulder. Same the current gen 4runner.

5C3EC760-3C8F-4B7D-8CAB-B0401E20F9F0.jpeg

This thread is the best repository of whee knowledge:

@Hamachi @staggrlee In that pic Tor was running some brake mods on front and an 80 series axle in the rear. So his is a bit wider than stock but I can confirm they fit on a 100% stock.

I found someone with a TRD pro 4Runner that was nice enough to let me test fit one since no one else was running them. Then I ordered 5 from Mr. T.

No spacers required. You just need to newer style lug nuts with the shoulder. Same the current gen 4runner.

View attachment 2122223

This thread is the best repository of whee knowledge:
Great intel! I think they look great on the FJ60...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom