1990 JDM HDJ81 front calipers - Pre or Post 1993 FJ80 size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, got a 1990 JDM HDJ81 that needs front calipers. Can't seem to find part numbers. My first thought was 92 style FJ80 fronts but mine came with 16" rims not 15 and manual locking front hubs. wonder if that makes any difference? Thnx in advance

Can you measure the disk rotor that’s on there now? That’ll tell you which calipers you need.

Secondly, what’s wrong with the current calipers? You can buy rebuild kits from Toyota relatively cheaper, it’s not hard to build them.

My '92 HDJ81 uses the smaller brakes all round.

Try partsouq.com. They are a retailer in the middle east that stocks a massive quanitiy of oem parts including Toyota using the orginal factory diagrams the dealers would use. You can type in your frame number and get exactly what you need. Complete calipers or the parts to rebuild your own.

I've also been able to use the diagrams as a part number reference to source the right stuff through local dealers on occasion but pricing and availability will vary.
Beware there are many different chassis configurations but once you get a handle on how to navigate the site its tough to buy stuff anywhere else. Prices are in USD, but even with the conversion and shipping the cost for genuine parts is generally cheaper than most aftermarket. Usually takes three business days for parts to show up here in Alberta.

Ive also had good luck using Australian suppliers through ebay but I haven't done that since I was introuduced to partsouq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom