Kings Canyon to Kingsbury Club Run 10/19/19 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN Run on Saturday October 19, 2019

Kings Canyon to Spooner Summit and Spooner Summit to Kingsbury Rd.

Description: Easy run with breathtaking views of surrounding Valleys and Lake Tahoe. Trail winds through pines, Aspens and Willows to high elevations. Starts in Carson City up Kings Canyon then across the highway to entrance by NDOT maintenance station and continues towards Kingsbury grade. This crosses part of the Tahoe Rim Hiking Trail. The leaves on the Aspens should be at peak color🍁.

Date: 10/19/2109

Leave time: 10:15 am

Trail Leader: Mark

Meeting Place: Savemart parking lot in North Carson City across from 7-11. Gas available there. 3620 N. Carson Street Carson City 89703

Trail difficulty is mostly 1 with some places that are 2 due to rutting and some rocky sections. No lockers or armor needed. I did it in 2 wheel.

Bring your lunch. We will stop in a place that overlooks the Lake.

Duration: About 3 1/2 to 4 hours if we take our time

We will be Treading lightly as always. Trail is heavily used on the Kingsbury side.

Ham radio 146.460

Last edited by a moderator:
BBCNN Run on Saturday October 10, 2019

Kings Canyon to Spooner Summit and Spooner Summit to Kingsbury Rd.

Description: Easy run with breathtaking views of surrounding Valleys and Lake Tahoe. Trail winds through pines, Aspens and Willows to high elevations. Starts in Carson City up Kings Canyon then across the highway to entrance by NDOT maintenance station and continues towards Kingsbury grade. This crosses part of the Tahoe Rim Hiking Trail. The leaves on the Aspens should be at peak color🍁.

Date: 10/19/2109

Leave time: 10:15 am

Trail Leader: Mark

Meeting Place: Savemart parking lot in North Carson City across from 7-11. Gas available there. 3620 N. Carson Street Carson City 89703

Trail difficulty is mostly 1 with some places that are 2 due to rutting and some rocky sections. No lockers or armor needed. I did it in 2 wheel.

Bring your lunch. We will stop in a place that overlooks the Lake.

Duration: About 3 1/2 to 4 hours if we take our time

We will be Treading lightly as always. Trail is heavily used on the Kingsbury side.

Ham radio 146.460

10/19/2109? Thanks for advance notice! ;)

Yup, right date is the 19th, this Saturday! 🤪 Just to let you know the weather should ok with just a nice Fall chill in the air. Leave time temp in Carson should be about 51 with 8mph winds from the westsouthwest and back in the valley temperature about 61 with 15mph winds from the west. Incline Village altitude level weather will be about 50 with about 10-15 mph winds. Sunny to partly cloudy. So dress accordingly.🌬☁☀ Hope y'all can make it.

Thanks for leading us through the trail @Krusty Krab . It was a lot of fun and the views did not disappoint!

We traveled 24.7 miles and climbed to 8,670 at South Camp Peak. That's a 4,492 foot ascent! here's a GaiaGPS Track for anyone interested.

_DSC1601.jpg

_DSC1634.jpg

_DSC1649.jpg

_DSC1702.jpg

_DSC1893.jpg

Last edited:
Tony those are great shots. Your camera really captures the color. My pictures don't show near the color or brilliance. It looks like I choose the coldest spot to have lunch. I think it would have been better even a half mile from there. Even though we would have been on the windward side it would have been lower elevation and maybe more sunshine. The GPS link is just enough of a tease to get on that trail to Monument Peak. Some more exploring is in order.🐾

Overall it was a great run. As John said it would have been much better on Sunday as it was sunny and warm. Oh well? Hindsight is 20/20. I think the weather guy let us down. It was raining at the top of spooner then stopped.

Thanks! I refuse to use Photoshop b/c I don't want to create something that isn't real, but I use Adobe Lightroom to try and reproduce what I remember seeing. that is why the lighting and color pops. God made the best camera ever in our eyes and brains!

I personally enjoyed the colder weather... but I have an enclosed cab and a heater! ;) I think it was a perfect trip and I'd like to camp up there at South Camp Peak some day. I'd be game for Monument Peak too!

The GPS link is just enough of a tease to get on that trail to Monument Peak. Some more exploring is in order.

I've been looking at Monument. Do they let recreation vehicles up there? It seems to be surrounded by ski lifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom