En Route Between Phoenix and Tucson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RUSH55

SILVER Star
Threads
Saw this FJ40 with its Ford Gran Torino trailer buddy between Phoenix and Tucson today. Anyone from here expecting a baby soon?

A2A760C1-6C3F-4DD1-9FF8-546ACBE8F0A5.jpeg

4F16DACE-D90A-441A-9E89-22DD27E49672.jpeg

CCAB83C1-674C-4C6F-8985-B6AB532D550B.jpeg

35DF6060-DD42-4018-B6AA-47CBE869B1CC.jpeg

0CD2FE27-1277-469C-AB8D-949B5DAE0697.jpeg

interesting, a 79+ with half doors and hatch

Obviously not affiliated with @Riverrunner . He told me I had to pay extra because his drivers would NOT put a 40 on the top deck with a vehicle under it.

Second time I've seen pictures of this. I wouldn't recommend it this way, but looks like he needed all the short cars below to make height. Eliminating the bottom spot would have been the safest and preferred method. That's a lot of faith to put in some nylon, an old e-brake and old rubber seals.

Second time I've seen pictures of this. I wouldn't recommend it this way, but looks like he needed all the short cars below to make height. Eliminating the bottom spot would have been the safest and preferred method. That's a lot of faith to put in some nylon, an old e-brake and old rubber seals.

There’s a lot of faith in whatever it is that’s supporting those thin, un-gusseted, perforated ramps. If that was my Torino, I’d probably become unglued!

4F1BBF69-9DE7-45B6-B86C-8FF9FCFCAD86.jpeg

It sold.

I swear I saw it on Instagram not too long ago...
Not that mix and match parts are bad as long as you choose the parts. After 78 the metal got noticeably lighter.
Frame members, hinges etc. I prefer the old bib with the holes below the headlights for the small dome lights.
If I chose , I would use a 72~75 chassis and use the early bib for the looks. I also kinda like the 72ish
smaller rectangular lights so I'd want the same era aprons with the marker lights in the aprons. Call me weird but I also
like the split hood. A tailgate rather than barn doors for utility

There’s a lot of faith in whatever it is that’s supporting those thin, un-gusseted, perforated ramps. If that was my Torino, I’d probably become unglued!

View attachment 2112428
You have to wonder how long those rear fender wells will look that nice once they hit some big bumps..... the 40 not the Torino

Most guys enlarge those if they’re gonna run larger tires, right? I’m not in the know on 40 body mods.
Just envision the up travel with those tires and no body cutting. 31's can be made to fit but 33s and larger will buckle the
body in any decent articulation. Some say the 33 skinnies work but I must push my trucks harder, I've always had to trim with 33's.

Just envision the up travel with those tires and no body cutting. 31's can be made to fit but 33s and larger will buckle the
body in any decent articulation. Some say the 33 skinnies work but I must push my trucks harder, I've always had to trim with 33's.

Do you really believe this vehicle will be used in such a fashion ? My bet it is a garage queen , maybe a dirt road ?

Do you really believe this vehicle will be used in such a fashion ? My bet it is a garage queen , maybe a dirt road ?

there might be 1 1/2" up travel before those tires hit body. You can do that climbing the curb into the driveway.
They look like 35"s. Distance from the body seam to the rear of the wheel well is about 34"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom