Dents in the Dobs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Curious if anyone else has seen this. I have dents in the body of my shocks from what looks like contact from the brake line mounting bracket. I am running the 3.5" tapered Dobinsons springs along with their shocks. All my bolts, bushings, etc are in very good condition.

Both sides are dented very similarly.

IMG_5083.jpg
IMG_5085.jpg

Same exact set up here with no contact marks like the ones you posted.

This is probably more related to caster correction than the spring/shock setup you’re running.

Last edited:
This is probably more related to caster correction than the spring/shock setup you’re running.

That is where I am headed next. I just figured many of us have the same correction so I would just see if anyone is seeing this.
FWIW - my correction is washer mod, so I could get the pinion angle exactly right for the DC shaft I am running.

That is where I am headed next. I just figured many of us have the same correction so I would just see if anyone is seeing this.
FWIW - my correction is washer mod, so I could get the pinion angle exactly right for the DC shaft I am running.

Does that extra guard plate go all the way around or is it like their rear shocks and it’s only partial? If so, try turning the shock bodies and they might clear.

In that case, I’d suspect that your castor angle Iess than 2 degrees based on me having 0.5 degrees with Slee plates and exactly 1” more front lift. I just installed my second set of Delta arms, the high clearance version, which they designed with 1 degree more castor correction than the original design which puts me at a touch over 4 degrees and I can’t see how my shock would contact that bracket.

In that case, I’d suspect that your castor angle Iess than 2 degrees based on me having 0.5 degrees with Slee plates and exactly 1” more front lift. I just installed my second set of Delta arms, the high clearance version, which they designed with 1 degree more castor correction than the original design which puts me at a touch over 4 degrees and I can’t see how my shock would contact that bracket.

Yeah, you may be right. I need to do my TRE's so I'll get it measured and then go from there. I have been eyeing the Delta arms, so it just may be time to take that jump.

Be worth it to do a full flex test and see when/how it's making that contact. Perhaps you could adjust that brake line bracket if it's just barely making contact.

It's a guard on the shock, so highly unlikely to cause any issues on the internals right there.

Perhaps the truck was in the air with the axles hanging? Otherwise, that lower bushing might not have enough preload on it, since it doesn't look like it's getting close to the edge of the washer. Just something I noticed after looking again at the photos.

I've never had anyone else report any contact there with our front shocks, and the base of the shocks is the same on the 0-3", 4" and 6" shocks.

bushing.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom