H55F Toyota Part Number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought one of those $1600 (Though I seem to remember it was $1650) H55fs about 14 years ago from Cruiserdan. I'm still driving it! It's in it's second truck and second clutch. H55f's abide.
Same here, but I bought mine from him in August 2013. IIRC it was about $1,850. Dan even helped me load it into my truck :).

I purchased from Georg. No issues at all. I’ll be going back to him for another h55f and regeared split case in the future.

How much damage does grinding gears do? When I test drove mine the slave cylinder blew out and the guy I ended up buying it from was pretty rough with it to get it in gear. I guess I might find out when I change the trans fluid and check the magnetic plug. He said "they're built to take it", not sure if I agree...

They can take a lot of abuse and if his grinding was not real bad I doubt u will have any issues

They can take a lot of abuse and if his grinding was not real bad I doubt u will have any issues
yeah. change the fluid and maybe run through a sieve to see what’s in the fluid.

while you’re at it replace the drain plug with a. magnetic one.

Hi, Going to finally buy an H55f for my 1987 fj60. Who has the best price now? Thanks, Mike
I am not ready just yet but give me a few months to save up some cash and i will get all the parts needed with the H55f. I might rebuild the Tcase while it's out could someone post what parts are required to be replaced besides bearings? Does Toyota sell a new Tcase?

Last edited:
I am not ready just yet but give me a few months to save up some cash and i will get all the parts needed with the H55f. I might rebuild the Tcase while it's out could someone post what parts are required to be replaced besides bearings? Does Toyota sell a new Tcase?

Best thing to do is call Georg or Kurt and get a transfer case rebuild kit.

And yes, Toyota does sell new transfer cases.

Onur is spot on. Georg and Kurt are where I’d go for the rebuild kits. Can’t go wrong with either one. As for the trans, call your local dealers. I have several to choose from between Austin and San Antonio and have an account with one closest to me. The last conversion I did in September my friend bought his 55 from this dealer as my cost there seemed to be better than anywhere he could find. And he lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I do buy most OEM parts from this dealer and finally asked if I could get shop price and they loaded me in the system. It does help if you’re able to develop a good working relationship with the parts team.

Best thing to do is call Georg or Kurt and get a transfer case rebuild kit.

And yes, Toyota does sell new transfer cases.
Thanks @Onur , I will contact Georg or Kurt when I have all the funds I know that Georg is a busy man. I do have a local dealer that I get most of my parts and they always hook me up, I just finished putting together my cylinder heads on my 99 T4R and my cash just went back to zero.

I've been pricing an H55 as well. Cheapest I've found so far is 2,382 from Olathe Toyota online. Their price plus shipping still beats my local dealer(s).

LMK if anyone finds it lower.
in 2018 i got mine through a dealer connection and i paid right around $2400.

$2382 is pretty good. go for it!!

Where’s at @orangefj45 ? I’ve put 30,000 on my splitcase and h55f from him with zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom