The Death of Craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebodyelse5

16124-75030
SILVER Star
Threads
You guys see that private party car ads now require a $5 fee to post? Can't say I see that being a good move... I won't pay to list a car

and this means I can't post spoof "free tacoma" ads with spammers phone numbers anymore!!!

That's ridiculous. Glad I'm not selling any vehicles any time soon. Also - this doesn't apply to motorcycles. I just posted mine a couple minutes ago to see if this applied to them.

and this means I can't post spoof "free tacoma" ads with spammers phone numbers anymore!!!
I mean... It would just be really expensive lol

That's ridiculous. Glad I'm not selling any vehicles any time soon. Also - this doesn't apply to motorcycles. I just posted mine a couple minutes ago to see if this applied to them.

I mean... It would just be really expensive lol

From what I can tell, they are rolling it out across cities in some unknown plan. It's a bummer, I have always enjoyed clist. Hopefully it sticks just to cars? I've noticed folks are listing vehicles in the "car parts" sections now.

And in all honesty, I love to mess with folks from call centers... posting a "free" tacoma really blows up their phone systems 🤣

The last time I got called I kept calling back giving them fake names (It's funny to get them to say "Drew Peacock" in a heavy accent) and SSN's until they finally blocked my number. I figure it's the least I can do when they are impersonating the IRS...

It will help clean up a lot of bs ads to.

I mean, it'll be nice that the bs ads are gone... but it means less folks will post their normal ads and less folks will check the ads that are posted. I know next time I need to legitimately sell a car I'll give clist a second thought. Facebook Marketplace and Offerup are now more frequented.

Case in point.... My GF just sold her jeep, payed for the clist ad and all... got blown up on the apps and not a single call from the craigslist ad.

I mean, it'll be nice that the bs ads are gone... but it means less folks will post their normal ads and less folks will check the ads that are posted.

I don't see how less bs ads will lead to less folks checking the ads.

Is $5 really that big of a hurdle when we're talking about thousands of dollars?

I'm about to post my 100 up and I'll more than likely just post it on Craigslist.

I don't see how less bs ads will lead to less folks checking the ads.

Is $5 really that big of a hurdle when we're talking about thousands of dollars?

I'm about to post my 100 up and I'll more than likely just post it on Craigslist.

Case in point.... My GF just sold her jeep, payed for the clist ad and all... got blown up on the apps and not a single call from the craigslist ad.

It’s already happening, folks aren’t looking to clist as their first search anymore. Maybe the older generation will stick to using it, but fb marketplace and offerup are the more popular choices these days

post it in both places, i’d be curious to see where it sells

Offerup and Facebook are popular no doubt. That said however a lot of people don't have Facebook, or use apps in that fashion. Craiglist however is available for anyone to view and access. People will search all avenues if they really want to buy something. Be it a forum classifieds section, OfferUp, eBay or Clist. All good sources.

WTF? Are you going to 200 or?

It is not stopping scammers. There is an FJ-40 right now on every craigslist in the southeast with a California tag on the front and the same 3 pics. It screams scam.

Think to really qualify would need to have had to bought or sold in the paper autotrader and classified ads in the news paper before that.

wait, that used to be a thing?!

I have no idea what that means 🤣

All I know is... I just posted some stuff onto clist, so for things other than car listings there is no fee... explains why you see trucks listed under "parts"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom