Unobtainium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey I'll give anyone $40 for a new 3 spd tranny. Let me know! :p

Pintle hooks, anyone? I will put together an OEM style aftermarket kit with all of the parts that come in the OEM box. It will cost significantly less, so you won't be afraid to tow with it.

Group1.jpg
Group2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd probably take one for my 200 series - planning a dual swing rear bumper and I'm sure I could integrate it.

It looks like the new 79–84 floor mats are on the way. Only some efforts from USPS...
I feel like a kid that is waiting for the present!

Got my pre ship notification earlier today!
Edit: will be delivered tomorrow (Monday)!

Last edited:
It looks like the new 79–84 floor mats are on the way. Only some efforts from USPS...
I feel like a kid that is waiting for the present!

Would like to see how it fits on the 10/82+. Both boots changed. The transmission hump was also redesigned. Think I figured a way to move the transfer lever for the H55F to match the four speed. The PTO lever also had a complete change for 83 model. No longer used a lock on the floor. Outline was long and skinny. Stock my 3/79 would use this. But I now have a 40 series H55F with the 10/82+ correct section of the hump. Also have a 84 PTO with the shifter. Guess I'm just nick picky. Before buying would like to see how it fits the 10/82+ hump and different boots.

Would like to see how it fits on the 10/82+. Both boots changed. The transmission hump was also redesigned. Think I figured a way to move the transfer lever for the H55F to match the four speed. The PTO lever also had a complete change for 83 model. No longer used a lock on the floor. Outline was long and skinny. Stock my 3/79 would use this. But I now have a 40 series H55F with the 10/82+ correct section of the hump. Also have a 84 PTO with the shifter. Guess I'm just nick picky. Before buying would like to see how it fits the 10/82+ hump and different boots.

On my website, I'm listing it as '79 to 10/'82. I don't know exactly which month '83 model year started, so certain months of '82 may count as '83.

Regarding your question, what if you take the floor mat out of your '79 and put it into your 40 with the 10/'82+ hump?

From my understanding based on talking to someone in Australia, if a vehicle has factory 5 speed, you should be able to just enlarge the shifter holes. However, if you put in a 5 speed from a FJ60, the shift lever will be too far back.

I don't think PTO would be a showstopper. You just cut a hole as needed.

On my website, I'm listing it as '79 to 10/'82. I don't know exactly which month '83 model year started, so certain months of '82 may count as '83.

Regarding your question, what if you take the floor mat out of your '79 and put it into your 40 with the 10/'82+ hump?

From my understanding based on talking to someone in Australia, if a vehicle has factory 5 speed, you should be able to just enlarge the shifter holes. However, if you put in a 5 speed from a FJ60, the shift lever will be too far back.

I don't think PTO would be a showstopper. You just cut a hole as needed.

10/82 was the date of the hump change, boots changed, H55F started as a option and insert dash started LHD (10/81 start for RHD). So 10/82 is the start of the 83 model.

If I had a one of my 10/82+ inspection covers here where my 79 is I would check the mat. My 10/82+ section of the tranny hump is still in Australia with a number of other parts. While the boots are the same 10/82+ the location of the transfer boot is further back.

As for the PTO since was never offered as a option 79+ no outline might have been a better plan. The 1/79-9/82 outline are quite a bit different than 10/82+. While could cut it wouldn't look right with hole cut different than the outline. Only brought it up because someone mention these were 79-84. For the 79-82 these are a perfect match. For the 83 model Toyota made a number of changes that effected the mat. Besides different colors the four and five speed were different because of the location of the transfer shift lever. The 83+ market is small and wouldn't make sense to do a separate mat. Making a mat without any shift boot outlines so could cut for different setups would not be the way the largest market would want it.

I received my new mat for my 02/‘82. It looks great! I’m not sure this is going to work in my 40 though. The cut out hole for the ebrake is in the wrong spot. And what are the little indentions for? I thought maybe they could be guides for cut outs when needed, but they don’t seem to line up with my ebrake lever. Thoughts @Racer65?

A3FACC51-FA21-4D32-9EC0-FF81226ADEBB.jpeg

9C7ADC19-9AD9-48DB-B9E9-35080B2D865E.jpeg

The "blank" to the left of the transmission shifter hole is for a PTO lever.

I received my new mat for my 02/‘82. It looks great! I’m not sure this is going to work in my 40 though. The cut out hole for the ebrake is in the wrong spot. And what are the little indentions for? I thought maybe they could be guides for cut outs when needed, but they don’t seem to line up with my ebrake lever. Thoughts @Racer65?

View attachment 2109137

View attachment 2109138

The dots on the left side appear to line up with your e brake. The dots on the right are for a RHD and you will leave them alone...

View attachment 2109137

View attachment 2109138

The floor mat works for your '82. The "dots" is an OEM feature. I put together an installation guide that explains all these details. See attached.

Attachments

• '79 to '82 Floor Mat Installation Guide.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 289
I don’t have an original to recore and there are originals and reproductions available in other markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom