Events/Trails Cruisers on the Con - a short film by @jcardona1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great pics! Would have loved to been able to see Little Sluice in all its glory. If you ever come out here again give us a heads up and we'll do another group run.
For sure! Would be a blast to run the trail with you guys. Wish I could have made it for this one.

Working on grabbing a beat 80 in Santa Clara to romp around in the rocks like you dudes.

Rad video btw @jcardona1 I’ve wanted to hit Rubicon since high school, still yet to do it.
Shoredreamer, a bunch of local 80s from Socal is planning a trip to the CON next year. None of us been on the trail, but we do have an experienced 80s owner from Norcal who frequents the CON at least once a year with the NorCal crew who is willing to lead us up. Let me know if you are interested next year in joining..
Here is a pic of a few rigs who will be runing the Rubicon next year..
VJPt1pr.jpg

Shoredreamer, a bunch of local 80s from Socal is planning a trip to the CON next year. None of us been on the trail, but we do have an experienced 80s owner from Norcal who frequents the CON at least once a year with the NorCal crew who is willing to lead us up. Let me know if you are interested next year in joining..
Here is a pic of a few rigs who will be runing the Rubicon next year..
VJPt1pr.jpg

Can't wait to see the 'After' photo :)

From my experience on the Con and other trails less is more as far as how many are in your group. JMHO

Nice Vid. Little sluice used to be gnarly. IMO the whole trail has really gotten easier due to the amount of traffic in there nowadays. Old Sluice I have not done for years since I owned my 40. It would be interesting in my 80. I see more and more of the sector shafts being broken. I need to find a box to add to my spare box.

Nice Vid. Little sluice used to be gnarly. IMO the whole trail has really gotten easier due to the amount of traffic in there nowadays. Old Sluice I have not done for years since I owned my 40. It would be interesting in my 80. I see more and more of the sector shafts being broken. I need to find a box to add to my spare box.

Agreed Noah. I wouldn’t do any of the difficult trails in California without a spare gear box ready to go.

Agreed Noah. I wouldn’t do any of the difficult trails in California without a spare gear box ready to go.
I carry one with me. Never needed it but its not an easy part to source

Was that canoe ok after that 10ft drop? It doesn’t look like cheap one either.
I have an 80 steering box in my 60, and I’m seeing more and more sector shaft posts lately. Time to carry add one to the spare box.

Ya, just bring every spare you mite need. You end up so heavy your going to brake something. :doh:

Some of the reasoning behind me going to Hydro is it take a lot of the pressure off the sector shaft & the right side lower Knuckle bolts. JMHO

Jose, again thanks for the great video. I know a lot of time go into these. Do you have any info no how the sector shaft snapped ? did it just let go on a easy part of the trail or was a tire wedged against a rock or stuffed up under a ledge. Are these shafts just snapping because of old age or 37" or lager tires lockers and a heavy right foot have something to do with it ? I know at times before I had Hydro with the fount locker on it felt like if I pulled the steering wheel any harder something was going to brake.

Jose, again thanks for the great video. I know a lot of time go into these. Do you have any info no how the sector shaft snapped ? did it just let go on a easy part of the trail or was a tire wedged against a rock or stuffed up under a ledge. Are these shafts just snapping because of old age or 37" or lager tires lockers and a heavy right foot have something to do with it ? I know at times before I had Hydro with the fount locker on it felt like if I pulled the steering wheel any harder something was going to brake.

So you know that part in the video with the drone footage? That's where the sector shaft let go. Just some easy rock slabs, not bound up or anything. Heck Phil wasn't even turning the wheel when he said it snapped. It's hard to pinpoint what caused it. My guess is just too much stress over time. The splines were twisted too so this thing had already been compromised.

Great video!
Hope to run it soon, but have a motor swap to do first, so probably not 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom