Events/Trails Cruisers on the Con - a short film by @jcardona1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you're careful and took your time you could probably make it through without a scratch. Bumpers sliders and undercarriage are a different story though. Rubicon is pretty epic, we're lucky to be 2-3hrs from the trailhead.

Then you have guys like Nuke - he likes to beat on it like rented mule.
My WIFE drove the whole thing in a day. Like we left a hotel in the AM and got back to the hotel at night, even after driving through South lake Tahoe and stopping for dinner.

We were solo but there are a bazillion people out there so it's never that sketchy.

My WIFE drove the whole thing in a day. Like we left a hotel in the AM and got back to the hotel at night, even after driving through South lake Tahoe and stopping for dinner.

We were solo but there are a bazillion people out there so it's never that sketchy.

Man doing the whole trail in one day sounds rough, especially the annoying bumpy road after Observation Point to the staging area. By then I'm just over it and wanna be back on pavement. Can't imagine doing all that in one day. The most we've done in one day is Loon to Springs. Took about 8-9hrs and I was exhausted. And that was after messing around at Soup Bowl and going for a swim at Buck.

The hotel does sound nice though!

Man doing the whole trail in one day sounds rough, especially the annoying bumpy road after Observation Point to the staging area. By then I'm just over it and wanna be back on pavement. Can't imagine doing all that in one day. The most we've done in one day is Loon to Springs. Took about 8-9hrs and I was exhausted. And that was after messing around at Soup Bowl and going for a swim at Buck.

The hotel does sound nice though!
That's why you have coilovers. Pretend you're ultra4 and racecar

Thanks for the video! Can't wait to do this. Maybe in the next year or two (with folks who have done it many times).

Nice video, thanks for sharing. I’m ready to hit it again! 2-3 days is perfect in my opinion, wheeling 5 hours a day leaves time for camping!

@Shoredreamer - who wants it?!?!
Working on grabbing a beat 80 in Santa Clara to romp around in the rocks like you dudes.

Rad video btw @jcardona1 I’ve wanted to hit Rubicon since high school, still yet to do it.

Epic. Thanks for taking the time to put that together and share. And always a great reminder not to raz the newbs too hard. Still remember your intro post with 3rd gen on thornturds ;)

Is that panhard brace cracked too beside the toasted sector shaft? Kinda looked like it here in the vid
2DEA9E65-F341-44F7-98C5-B7FD79CD17C2.png

Epic. Thanks for taking the time to put that together and share. And always a great reminder not to raz the newbs too hard. Still remember your intro post with 3rd gen on thornturds ;)

Is that panhard brace cracked too beside the toasted sector shaft? Kinda looked like it here in the vid
View attachment 2104451

Indeed it was cracked. We're not sure where/when it happened but we discovered it after breaking the sector shaft.

Who is the guy with the green bumpers, and where did he get those seat covers?

You can blame YouTube for that. Slim-pickings trying to find copyright-free music.

Can't please everybody :meh:

Cool video Jose!

The Old Sluice is no joke. It's nice that there is still a section of the trail like that after the Little Sluice got neutered. I haven't taken my 80 through the Old Sluice yet but I did it a few times in my 40. A big wagon would definitely be tricky. Seen a few different lines through that section, none of which are simple. That big rock has moved to the side a bit. Used to be right in the middle.
rubi_flex-1 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Good memories from the Little Sluice before it changed. I need to get back out there with the 80.
LilSluice by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Cool video Jose!

The Old Sluice is no joke. It's nice that there is still a section of the trail like that after the Little Sluice got neutered. I haven't taken my 80 through the Old Sluice yet but I did it a few times in my 40. A big wagon would definitely be tricky. Seen a few different lines through that section, none of which are simple. That big rock has moved to the side a bit. Used to be right in the middle.
rubi_flex-1 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Good memories from the Little Sluice before it changed. I need to get back out there with the 80.
LilSluice by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Great pics! Would have loved to been able to see Little Sluice in all its glory. If you ever come out here again give us a heads up and we'll do another group run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom