Dobinson front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a 2011 LX and I've searched and read everything I can find on here regarding the Dobinson deluxe bumper. Just wanted to do one last check with those that have it and see thoughts on it. I want a bull bar for the deer out here and in speaking with Dobinson I've confirmed the bull bar runs through the whole bumper and is not just welded to the top. Just can't seem to beat it for the price at $1300. Also it seems like a straightforward install unlike some that require more precise cutting.

I have their one with the removable hoop but install should be the same and overall it was pretty simple to do. The holes on the bottom support were you bolt it to the frame where the tow points are needed some expanding to line up but that was it. With the deluxe you will need to chop up the bumper cover/grill a bit more than with the version I have. Overall the quality of the bumper itself is fine and the powder coat has held up well and looks the same as on my ARB rear.

I have their one with the removable hoop but install should be the same and overall it was pretty simple to do. The holes on the bottom support were you bolt it to the frame where the tow points are needed some expanding to line up but that was it. With the deluxe you will need to chop up the bumper cover/grill a bit more than with the version I have. Overall the quality of the bumper itself is fine and the powder coat has held up well and looks the same as on my ARB rear.
you mind posting some pics? Mostly interested in side and 3/4 view

you mind posting some pics? Mostly interested in side and 3/4 view

This is all I have on the phone. I can take some when I get home if these dont work.

73ACD88A-AD15-407C-953E-DB6649F5006D.jpeg
1295415D-289B-4FF4-9C74-FFE937B2897F.jpeg

Any issues with your radar cruise control after install? Have this bumper in the cart and will be $1475 shipped. Can't find the ARB for under 2k shipped and I don't feel the ARB is worth an extra $600 for my use.

I dont have radar cruise so sorry no help there. Also you may want to contact @crikeymike over at dobinson directly for a quote. Not sure if things have changed but in the past there used to be a bit of a discount if ordered directly vs. online. Again this was a few years ago and not sure if still applicable but never hurts to check.

Also you may want to contact @crikeymike over at dobinson directly for a quote. Not sure if things have changed but in the past there used to be a bit of a discount if ordered directly vs. online.

X2. Call them to place the order. Not exactly a discount, but when I called them to place an order for a set of rear drawers they offered me multiple options for freight pickup locations and pricing. All the prices offered were lower than any online cart pricing. I probabaly saved $30-$40 dollars over just plopping it in an online cart.

X2. Call them to place the order. Not exactly a discount, but when I called them to place an order for a set of rear drawers they offered me multiple options for freight pickup locations and pricing. All the prices offered were lower than any online cart pricing. I probabaly saved $30-$40 dollars over just plopping it in an online cart.
Then it was a discount... you saved money by calling or emailing directly over standard web pricing.

Got the bumper installed last week with a winch. Install was a bit tricky since it is designed for the LC and not LX. If I had to do it again it would be much easier now that I know where it lines up on the LX. Happy with how it turned out and the savings vs. other brands. A very solid, heavy bumper. Didnt try to retain headlight washers because it was more work for something I never used once. Fog lights plugged right in. I botched the cutting a bit, but no one seems to notice. Could have done better if I had help, but it was just me. I definitely recommend this bumper if you don't want to spend $500+ dollars more for other brands.

20191006_131207.jpg

Screenshot_20191006-223454_Video Player.jpg

20191006_223302.jpg

Last edited:
Looks sweet.
Can you post your tire and how far the front most part of the bumper is above the ground? I'm interested in the approach angle....

Falken Rubitrek LT 275/70/18. 21.5" to the bumper. 18.5" to the bolt on "bash plates" that arent very strong and I wouldn't feel bad about bending up.
AHC normal with AHC 1" lift mod.

20191019_171413.jpg

20191019_171344.jpg

We’re you guys able to retain the oem recovery points with this bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom