What did you do on your 70 series today? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mounted and trimmed up the load bars. Bought them second hand off a 60, about 12” too wide for my needs. Profile is proper now.

DD485FA8-AFB7-4A2F-83B5-4328630BE1F8.jpeg

BP51’s?

I’m daydreaming about TT parabolics with BP51’s.
Having helped @Indestructible 47 fit TT smart coils, parabolics and pro remote Resi shocks to his HDJ79, I'd highly recommend them. Mine will be here next week :D

BP51’s?

I’m daydreaming about TT parabolics with BP51’s.
Highly recommend the TT gear, absolutely transformed this my truck. You will notice the front sway bar is now gone, such is the control of the TT pro shocks. I'll get more pics later of flex

20190922_093733.jpg

20190922_132327.jpg

20190922_132312.jpg

20190922_132357.jpg

20190922_132346.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! What tires are you running?

Spent money on it, having a little birthday. Terrain tamer parabolic springs for the rear with new hardware ect and smart coils for the front. Terrain tamer pro adjustable shocks all around and new genuine panhard bushings. Hopefully she's happy after that. Hopefully get the gear next week, so we can organise a suspension comparo with my current setup, OME springs, nitrocharger shocks. Cheers

G'day mate, I just bought some 2" Terrain Tamer 100kg+ Smart Coils for my Troopy, and 4 of the 'Expanded Body Firmer Ride' shocks, and one of their HD 35mm steering dampers. Pretty keen to hear how you find the smart coils. I need some 2" rear leaves now. Ute looks tuff as

G'day mate, I just bought some 2" Terrain Tamer 100kg+ Smart Coils for my Troopy, and 4 of the 'Expanded Body Firmer Ride' shocks, and one of their HD 35mm steering dampers. Pretty keen to hear how you find the smart coils. I need some 2" rear leaves now. Ute looks tuff as
Hey mate, the smart coils are really good. I was running brand new emus on the front and found it handled like a boat in corners. The smart coils seriously do a really good job in the corners, that taper works well. I think you will be impressed with them and I reckon you made the right decision on them. Can't comment on the shocks I went with the pro shocks. Hopefully works good for ya. Cheers

Was about to hit the Kalahari desert for a week or two and I knew that my new fridge freezer would suck my aux battery down on anything longer than a quick one night stop over so I took the solar plunge. The switch board will be covered and trips for the panel and battery added as well as multi fuses for the " Loads", also removable and can be used in camp if necessary.
PHOTO-2019-09-09-17-31-09.jpg

I'll have to make proper holders for the pannels , but , it worked as is. In the eventual setup, i will still keep the panels in the roof top for the long fast tar road part of the trip, and zap them on to the roof when I get " There". The system worked so well, that my intellegent battery relay always saw the AUX battery as having a higher voltage, so it never switched on while the panels were up.
PHOTO-2019-09-24-16-56-30.jpg

2 by 120 watt bastards in series, and she takes no prisoners.

G

It certainly does, but I can’t imagine it would be more restrictive than a factory snorkel. But that lid may be a good compensation for said snorkel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom