Unobtainium (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At this point TMS USA could not possibly care less what was alive in this market 50.years ago. At this point the entire focus is on the future..... **** the past, it is irrelevant.

Don't suppose you have P/N 51980-69016 (Pintel Hook and hardware)?
I have one of those that I removed and replaced it with a modern receiver, but I’m saving all of the original parts from my vehicle so that it could be restored to original someday.

B035F43D-0643-461A-94F6-5E1EE0693767.jpeg

I hope you get it for that. They are cool but not 400 dollar cool.:)

Just got notification it shipped. I have a set of the eyebolts already, so if it doesnt come with them, no big deal. Will post a picture when it arrives

Last edited:
Now offering OEM 19220-60072 vacuum advance. It's used on '75 to '80 FJ40 and '81 to '87 FJ60 in all markets outside of the U.S.
U.S. models used a virtually identical looking 19220-61020 / 19220-61021 vacuum advance from '75 to '77 (fitted on 19100-61020 / 19100-61021 distributors). Does anyone know what can possibly be the difference?

IMG_3802.jpg

60072 is for the small points dissy, used in USA E-68. ROW markets continue to use the small dissy well into the 1980s.
61020 is a vacuum RETARD canister used on the larger redesigned USA 75-mid76 points dissy.
61021 is a vacuum advance canister that was OEM on 76-77 USA points dissy. I bought all that Toyota and aftermarket vendors had in the 1990's because it could be installed into the 75-76 dissys to convert them to vac advance. Once Toyota disco'd the part around 2000, the supply dried up.

At this point TMS USA could not possibly care less what was alive in this market 50.years ago. At this point the entire focus is on the future..... f*** the past, it is irrelevant.
Sad. Corporate greed, ALWAYS alive and well here Stateside.

Great score!!! I wonder if that would fit on a ‘76 or ‘78. Always loved the look of a pintle on the back of a 40. It does seem to me that I only see them on older/ pre ‘69 rigs.
Yes it'll fit,no problem. It fits my '82.

Wow! Right in front of our eyes. That must've been the last one in Toyota inventory.

It happens from time to time. When I first met Jim @Downey , he told me he stumbled into a Toyota snafu back in the 80s where he bought quite a few NOS complete transmissions from Toyota for something like $35 each!

I thought it was a tall tale until, about a year later, I stumbled into a PN that netted me a half dozen NOS 4:11 third members for about $35 each!

Wow! Right in front of our eyes. That must've been the last one in Toyota inventory.
Second to last I think, lol I order mine after him.

I sold about a dozen new 3 speed transmissions when Toyota had my cost (Downey Toyota Parts Manager) at about $35.00 each, then when Toyota caught their mistake they tried to bill us for the difference. That was before the 4 speeds came out, guys were buying the cheap new 3 speeds as a spare, since they were still relevant.

The pintle hooks are NOT discontinued.
Bwahaha!

Retired?

Reminds me of the Borg saying on Star Trek: resistance is futile.

It’s in your blood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom