Builds Back in a 60 series - 1HZ Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was finally able to source a 5th 16"x7" steel Tundra/Tacoma wheel and managed to muscle it onto the rim. I've never tried doing it on my own before, but it wasn't too terribly bad.

20190905_200048.jpg
20190905_202311.jpg

You know you're getting old when a 33" tire feels like it weighs 200lbs trying to get it onto the swing out! 😠

So, I have an idea to mount Cim's @Mr Cimarron Slee basket onto the other swingout. Just need some free time to weld something up.

You know you're getting old when a 33" tire feels like it weighs 200lbs trying to get it onto the swing out! 😠
I know how you feel. I used our forklift at work to lift my 37s on the Hutchinson’s onto the rear tire carrier.

A few years back I lifted the 37 inch spare with steel wheel to mount it on the rear bumper. Now I get a hernia if I think about it.

Did some work on the basket attachment before it got too hot in the shop. I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the license plate.

20190907_154311.jpg

The license plate was my dilemma too. I don’t like it on the spare and the main bumper didn’t fit right either. I like it on the rear support of my ladder. My foot doesn’t hit it and it’s out of the way. I’m sure you’ll figure it out Dave once your able to play around with it. I love that our 60s aren’t just cookie cutter builds. Every one is unique and made our own.

You could move it to the swing out like on a Slee bumper.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking since the basket will be removable.

Yes, but I don't want to be jacking with the wiring if I remove the basket.

Hi, Remember don't think about the cost or you won't do anything. What will give you the most fun ? Mike

Not much to update. I've been driving the hell out of the 60 after getting the AC buttoned up. The only thing I've really done is work on my rear bumper. I got tired of the spare tire swingarm rotating on me, so I installed some heavy duty air springs from 4x4Labs. I had to weld on a tab to orient the spring to give me an over center setup so the wheel can stay in place. Works great!
20191008_214045.jpg
20191008_213951.jpg

Forgot about the license plate holder. I used an FJ40 one and mounted it to the swingarm with the basket. I still need to wire it up though.
20191008_214943.jpg

The little receiver tube on the swingarm is for a bike rack. I'm now riding a 29er MTB and need to buy a platform style rack. My Thule one was way too tall when I installed it. I figured I could mount it on the arm and swing it out of the way if I need to get to the back of the truck.

20191008_215210.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom