Builds My $800 White FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Out riding early morning last week and took a wrong (right?!) turn and this beast appeared. Checked it over, made an offer and 6pm Fri night I was hightailing the 500m back to my place in it. The usual gutter rust and bog job, but the rest looks pretty sound. Time will tell. 3F, H55F, electronic ignition, new air cond. compressor/alternator/starter. Runs ok. Will get stuck into the body once the visiting family heads off.

20190819_142544.jpg

20190819_142526.jpg

$800, OMG

If that was in the US, that would have been a smoking deal, not sure about AUS

Nice score. I was looking at the front doors, specifically the side mirror placement. They looked too far back. I was like, “that’s weird, wonder what the deal is.” I zoomed in and realized you have vent windows too!

Good work picking that up.

And rear barn doors. Australians get all the cool options and trucks. But they have stupid rules like maximum lift and tires not sticking out beyond the fenders so that somewhat makes up for it.

I bought my wife’s rig for 800 to part and instead put 80k miles on it... best investment I’ve made...good luck with yours!

Totally normal to ask the family to leave right now!

Dang nice deal, I want rear sliders so bad for my GSP.

Great to hear of other surprising awesome deals out there :)
Thanks for the welcome and comments!
Will def be making use of the 2x60 (hadn't heard that!) air con here in tropical North Queensland and will be sorting some bug screen for the sliders given time haha
And yes, family have been given the deal of either head south NOW or get to work on degreasing/underbody ;) I think they will be leaving soon haha

Hah, duct tape over the roof rack holes. Looks familiar... I heard someone say that in the Caribbean, cars rust from the top down due to the salt and humidity in the air. In Canada they rust from the bottom up from the salt on the roads. I guess yours rusts from the top down, unless it's been on the beach and salt water.

Fresh fluids all around, the correct plugs and a little clutch adjustment and she's surprisingly strong. And now, it begins....

View attachment 2078008

View attachment 2078009
Hah, duct tape over the roof rack holes. Looks familiar... I heard someone say that in the Caribbean, cars rust from the top down due to the salt and humidity in the air. In Canada they rust from the bottom up from the salt on the roads. I guess yours rusts from the top down, unless it's been on the beach and salt water.
haha. That sounds about right for here - top down indeed. It's surprisingly clear down low/underneath. Duct tape is prob I'm better condition than the gutters haha

Hi, Nice find . Cutting and welding roof, I hate that job, but they all need work somewhere. Mike

Attacking a newly found Arb bullbar. Guy I got it from had a dozer blade welded to it and knocked down the bramble on his 100 acres using a rusted '82 Hj60. There were some shoulder width rust holes in that thing, though the passenger and rear seats were in amazing condition. Anyway, butchering a butchered bar to make it less butchered 😬

Last edited:
Had a play with the raptor lining and happy with it. Thinned a little and shot out of a 2.5 tip HVLP gun. Also getting around to more of the rust repairs. Slowly learning how to use the little welder I bought.

20190923_181818.jpg

20191001_113457.jpg

20191001_113504.jpg

20190917_164053.jpg

20190918_110247.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom