FJ62..Opinions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I hope it is cool with everyone to make posts like this on the board......

Interested in this......

From searching the VIN I found this...

I am assuming someone got good deal, put some work in it and not flipping. The rust on the body (tailgate and door) how big of an issue is that? The frame appears to be without much rust. Any other thoughts? Price slightly high? Anything to check out/request additional photos?

Forgive me if these are basic questions...I am not super knowledgeable when it comes to car (especially older) but I am looking forward to learning once I find the right cruiser.

Thanks!

It's got later wheels on it, off an 80 series with the same motor. Could be good or bad or neither.

Seats have been recovered, but otherwise it looks pretty clean.

Mileage is suspiciously low. There are very few low mile ones left.

Looks good though, and these are very durable trucks.

That rust is pretty bad in the earlier for sale ad. (rockers, front fenders, rear quarters, all doors, both top and bottom tailgates, around windows... )Resprayed and probably a lot of body filler. I would doubt they repaired all that rust. I don't think it's worth what they are asking, even with the low miles.

Good looking. I would ask to see picture of rust repair/body work and more pictures of frame. Comparing the two ads, seller only put 200 miles on it.
I've got a low mileage rig 5 years ago and did a lot of mechanical work to get it road worthy again.

It hasn’t been long since it was painted, and it hasn’t been driven. There is gold overspray on the catalytic converter and flange - that should burn off the first time the converter gets hot.

I don't think all that rust in earlier ad was repaired correctly. That was too much rust, with large holes in nearly every panel and door, than I think could be fixed properly, painted, wheels, new seat upholstery, and what ever else was done for $15,900!!!

Old LC's are popular, and the bondo+paint=profits people are cashing in!

My opinion is worth what you paid for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom