SOLD Utah: 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is time for us to say goodbye to our beloved TokoToko. In the 5 years Toko has been a part of our family, life has happened and we just don't drive it as we intended. Toko is in awesome condition, everything works (well, except the power antenna), we just don't drive it much. We want to see Toko go to a good home where he will be loved and appreciated more than we can provide.

Asking $14,500

The Details:

1988 BJ71 RHD
5 Speed Manual transmission (H55)
4 Cylinder Turbo Diesel (13B-T)
177116 km / 110086 miles
Factory color / factory paint
Manual doors and windows (for that vintage / authentic feeling)
A/C (recently charged, works great, better than my RAV4 in fact.....)
Updated Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth and SiruisXM (Service not included)
No lockers / no winch
Custom front and rear bumpers
Custom cup holder (fits a large Thermos coffee mug, just in case you were wondering)
Tough Dog Suspension (just over 10k km on the suspension)
24v to 12v converter with a dedicated fuse panel

Known Issues:

Broken power Antenna
The knuckles need to be rebuilt
A few rust spots
One dent repair

We purchased this vehicle in September of 2014 at CruiserFest from Steve at Land Cruisers Direct. It was NOT love at first sight for the wife. But it was love at first drive! After driving it for 10 minutes my wife made a deal with Steve. And Toko has been with us since.

Exterior is in good to great shape. Factory paint looks good. There are a couple rust spots (see pics). There is one dent in the front left fender. (Stupid Moab rock.) The custom bumper made by Jason at Trail Tailor look great. Overall I would give the exterior an 8/10.

The Interior is in damn fine shape. This was never a smoker car, so it doesn't have that lingering smell. We replaced the old converter with a new 24v to 12v converter with a dedicated fuse block. All stereo wiring and cigarette lighter wiring have been switched to 12v. The the cloth seats are still in one piece with no tears or rips. Same with the original carpet. Other than normal wear and tear, the interior gets a 9/10.

Overall this has been a super fun, adventurous and worry free vehicle. The vehicle does not leak any fluids. It is so fun to drive! The engine is peppy and the transmission shifts smooth. It will maintain 75 mph down the highway, yet crawl over damn near anything with the short wheel base and the torquey diesel engine! Maintenance records since we have owned it will be included. If you have been waiting to buy a clean little 70 series this is a great opportunity. I would not hesitate to drive this vehicle cross country tomorrow.

Link to the build thread below:

Wife just bought a BJ71, I have many questions!

See here for additional photos. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions!

DSCF4514-XL.jpg

DSCF4509-XL.jpg

DSCF4517-XL.jpg

DSCF4516-XL.jpg

DSCF4520-XL.jpg

DSCF4522-XL.jpg

DSCF4521-XL.jpg

DSCF4536-XL.jpg

Bump! We have a lot of lookers, but we need a buyer! Someone must want to snag this in time for Cruiser Fest 2019!

do you still have the stock bumpers in case a potential buyer finds the "custom" versions unappealing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom