Aussie down under Travel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

What suspension are these Aussies running? All it said is 6 inches of lift......

The down travel is amazing. Looks like factory mounts on both the frame and axle but the arms look way different. Enough to loose his front springs at 1 point.

Now this is what I’ve been looking for.

talk to @eurosonic he's done a trip with them. I think that red 80 has some sort of 3 link and coil front end now, looks like its a pair of superior eng. superflex arms in this video though.

What suspension are these Aussies running? All it said is 6 inches of lift......

The down travel is amazing. Looks like factory mounts on both the frame and axle but the arms look way different. Enough to loose his front springs at 1 point.

Now this is what I’ve been looking for.

Droop is overrated and posery

If you want lots of dumb flex, though, you can have as much as you want if you just run an unbound configuration like a 3 link. Poser the night away. You'll have no ground pressure so it's not like you'll be winning king of the hammers

Remember everything with suspension is a compromise. if you want massive flex you lose in other areas.

Droop is overrated and posery

If you want lots of dumb flex, though, you can have as much as you want if you just run an unbound configuration like a 3 link. Poser the night away. You'll have no ground pressure so it's not like you'll be winning king of the hammers

Thank you, so many swordfighters think they need all the droop and flex , and like you said will not win KOH

The Silver Nissan and Silver 80 look fairly stock but maybe 4" lift and 35"s.

The Red 80 looks like superior engineering superflex arms, 6" lift, and dobinsons springs.
Desperately needs limit straps and spring retainers. Having that amount of droop and losing springs is just stupid. Someone is compensating for a pecker he hasn't seen in years

This was my old backyard. That trail has changed a bit. The first rocky climb used to be an off camber ledge with a large boulder at the left (boulder has been rolled 100 yards down the hill). That step was almost impossible to drive without a love tap on the rear quarter. Busted more than one tail light there.
This is all steeper than it looks. Driving down it in the wet is a little keen

The arms that are displayed for stock configuration that provides that amount of wheel travel is very interesting. You can leave all your stock components aside from a “coil over” set up, remove stock springs/shocks and not have to engineer a 3 link system that you can drive on the road. Road mannerism should be the same as stock or same as any 6 inch lifted land cruiser.

Ohh btw the worlds going to end tomorrow......

Loosen up fellas.

... Road mannerism should be the same as stock or same as any 6 inch lifted land cruiser.
No, dude. Why would you assume that?

Had another look at that. At about 5:40 you get a glimpse of all the front radius arms.
Looks like they are all in Superflex arms.

What advantage does the Red one have? He unseated both front springs on one obstacle and needed a buddy to put them back in place.

I've driven that track numerous times in a 4"lifted and locked 80 and also in a 2" lifted and locked 105.

Both my trucks would have lifted a wheel, just like all three in the video. Even with a load of droop, a wheel that is barely touching the ground has no traction, you rely on lockers and traction from the wheel that is fully stuffed

last time I drove that track was in my old unimog on 42s and cruised right up like it was sunday. but i've also driven that track in a zook with a welded rear diff and 31" tyres and crawlers gears and that went up just as easy.

No, dude. Why would you assume that?

Why not? Still has the sway bar attached which can be a limited on road and removed to get all the travel, with limitating straps.

No coils popping out because of 12 inch coil overs and limitation straps.

All stock geometry.....

Right?

Had another look at that. At about 5:40 you get a glimpse of all the front radius arms.
Looks like they are all in Superflex arms.

What advantage does the Red one have? He unseated both front springs on one obstacle and needed a buddy to put them back in place.

I've driven that track numerous times in a 4"lifted and locked 80 and also in a 2" lifted and locked 105.

Both my trucks would have lifted a wheel, just like all three in the video. Even with a load of droop, a wheel that is barely touching the ground has no traction, you rely on lockers and traction from the wheel that is fully stuffed

Moab May differ from that traction.

Why not? Still has the sway bar attached which can be a limited on road and removed to get all the travel, with limitating straps.

All stock geometry.....

Right?
So somehow you think you can add 'flex' without anything else changing?

All stock geometry.....

Right?

Even my checkers-playing a$$ gets you’re going to have a floppy wagon on top your coils within that 12” hypothetical range.

@nukegoat is the chess player to my checkers/go-fish type understanding of suspension, but honestly I watch a Kawasaki green Unimog do trails at Walker Valley & it strictly is trailered to the trailhead.

He even ratchet-straps over the frame in even compression (like how you use 2 straps to cinch down a little a offroad dirtbike by the fork) - it flops so much when he tried doing ties just to the axle housing it was like shifting the weight according to him.

Not to refer to the 4 door wranglers......

Same weight, more flex on the trail, why can they drive anywhere and do any trail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom