October ROTM - Casner #8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John, yes I will be going up Friday morning. Wish I could get out Thursday evening-I might try. Firewood would be great. I am going to make sure I have tarps, just in case it rains. @Saddletramp did such a great job of putting together our dry kitchen last year.

@Honger - The CSC bunch is very family friendly. That said, the camp site is on the top of the rim with very severe drop-offs. Not sure how old your kids are, but you might need to keep a watchful eye.

Good point on the kids and the rim. I know his kids are pretty young. My oldest grandson is seventeen. He just got a locked 80 series from his dad. Maybe by next year will know what shape it's in and if he has any interest in off roading.

On another note sign me up for the 2024 run. This area of Coconino National Forest has always been special to me. Where I used first Land Cruiser. 2024 is a big anniversary.

Always great re-connecting with Cruiser brothers and of course seeing the variety of rigs that show up👍

In for camping and the run (if a slot is available... looks like you have a 10 vehicle limit). We'll bring the Troopy. My kids are 9, 7, and 4... we'll keep an eye out and ensure we camp back from the ledge.

We were camped not far from there this past weekend actually. Enjoyed the temperature break from Phoenix.

Put me down for camping only, may have 1-2 kids (14 & 20 years old)

I'll try to head up after work on Saturday for the overnight food and drinks festivities.

I always bring my potty. :p

In with the fam. Camping only. Did Casner already. Planning on both Friday and Saturday night.

I haven't been on here for a while... I'm hoping I can make it out to camp. But that's a hard maybe..

Looking like it's just going to be Graham and I on this trip. We'll probably camp Friday and Saturday. I'll have to see about the trail ride. I haven't taken him on one yet. Not sure how he'll handle it.

Of course, I won't know until I do.

So who is coming with a 40 series? My 79 is leaking grease/oil so bad from the front left knuckle won't be taking it. My 70 FJ40 s always a option.

So who is coming with a 40 series? My 79 is leaking grease/oil so bad from the front left knuckle won't be taking it. My 70 FJ40 s always a option.
I have a couple little things to do but considering bringing one of the 40’s. Darlene may roll in the 4Runner. We have not decided yet.

@ARJMN @wildling if I bring some valve cover gaskets to our September meeting (if we decide on a location) to give to @medtro at the Casner run

Things are not looking good for Casner run camping as of right now. The Whiskey Fire has been burning for a few weeks now, and the "nonsoon" plus windy conditions are really kicking up smoke. Yes, it is several weeks away, but keep a close eye out.

Hurricanes making their way up the Mexican coast might knock the Whiskey Fire down next week. If 231 opens back up, people traveling north from the rim will be able to see some fresh fire effects.

The Coconino NF fire managers have been doing a great job getting natural lightning fires back into the forests, which the forests badly need--the Whiskey Fire is a good example of that. So if you all see them out there, maybe tell them that and give them a high five.

Sign me up for dine and dash - I'll run out to meet campers and hang out for an evening, assuming camping isn't cancelled. I'll be heading out on a dirt tour of N. AZ and S. UT the next day, so I don't think I'll camp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom